New Ampeg Heritage B-15

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Mars Hall
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: New Ampeg Heritage B-15

Post by Mars Hall » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 pm

$5600 retail, $4000 street price? You can buy vintage for much less. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. :shrug:
"You just slide a bottle up and down til what you want out of it comes out. You just slide away at it til you've got it down." Duane Allman

robert

Post by robert » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 am

Hi,

I think the 3999 bucks- Street price is absolutely ok!
And remember: it's handmade in the U.S. by George himself and a rare, real piece of art...
Not built in Vietnam like e.g. an VOX AC30X HW :palm:

Regards

Robert

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Video from NAMM discussing the B-15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBYtdT_8uQk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

axeman

Post by axeman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm

That looks like my home stereo amp.

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:29 pm

robert wrote:Not built in Vietnam like e.g. an VOX AC30X HW
Neither were the original B-15 Ampegs. :wink:
"You just slide a bottle up and down til what you want out of it comes out. You just slide away at it til you've got it down." Duane Allman

Baie

Post by Baie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 am

Thanks for share good website!!!

Smokin Tone

Post by Smokin Tone » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 pm

I think $4000 street price is insane(no offense George). It's a shame that the average guy or working musician can't afford to buy this stuff. Gear is meant to be played and to make music. I guess let the collectors and the TGP boys have their toys.

robert

Post by robert » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:48 am

But, on the other hand: could this "average guy" afford, let's say, a 3000 bucks streetprice? I'm not shure about this :what:

Regards

Robert

Smokin Tone

Post by Smokin Tone » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:12 pm

:scratch:

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm

It isn't cheap, obviously. They gave me full reign over parts and I did what I felt best represented the legacy of the original amps. I can't disclose the numbers of course, but suffice to say this was an advertising campaign, not a money maker for Ampeg.

If you adjust for inflation it's not far off from the cost of an original in the early 60's.

Not within everyone's budget (I couldn't buy this amp myself) but not intended to be. The point of this amp is to show that Ampeg is revers their heritage and are willing to go to all lengths to reclaim it.

Honestly, if it was contrived in any way I would never have signed to be a part of it.

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

robert

Post by robert » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:51 am

:clap: :thumbsup:

Mars Hall

Post by Mars Hall » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:44 am

VelvetGeorge wrote:It isn't cheap, obviously. They gave me full reign over parts and I did what I felt best represented the legacy of the original amps. I can't disclose the numbers of course, but suffice to say this was an advertising campaign, not a money maker for Ampeg.

If you adjust for inflation it's not far off from the cost of an original in the early 60's.

Not within everyone's budget (I couldn't buy this amp myself) but not intended to be. The point of this amp is to show that Ampeg is revers their heritage and are willing to go to all lengths to reclaim it.

Honestly, if it was contrived in any way I would never have signed to be a part of it.

george
No doubt, they are of the highest quality and I'm sure they will sell out, if they haven't already. One can appreciate Ampeg doing a accurate reproduction of these classics and that they would go to these lengths, to insure they are of the highest quality. A lot of us on this forum wished Marshall would have done the same thing with their HW reissues. I just find the pricing to be ironic, when essentially a "copy" of something sells for more than what currently vintage examples sell for.

I'm glad they did it, especially since they did it right and that they had enough smarts, to have George make them. The real appeal, which is what built George's reputation, is in having a vintage circuit without the worry of breakdowns from aging components and keeping our originals safe from road abuse. :toast:

rkharper

Post by rkharper » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:12 am

VelvetGeorge wrote:I put the taps in the power transformer, to leave it open. But there's no way these could go legally, because of the lead in many parts.

It was described to me as "let's build these (50) authentic B-15s as proof of concept and then see how it goes". There is definitely interest in another run, possibly in larger quantity, next year.

I'll be doing final QC and testing for each amp and will also sign each hang tag. So my rep is on these amps. They must be awesome and preserve the legacy of B-15's,

george
Hi George,

I'm new here! I just found one of the last B-15, and have it on order now. GUess, I'll be the only one in europe to have this beautiful work of art. I'd like to let it rewire to 230Volts from a technician, have you got any schematics to the power transformer, with the mentioned Tabs. Even pics, or wire colors would help.

thank you very much!

Rafi Kirder

wessman

Post by wessman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:35 am

Hello,

Will the new run (100 pcs) of the amp have a feature on the amp to have a voltage selector so that a user can select voltage between 110V and 240V when traveling? If no such some of the amps will be made to run on 240V for European user, RIGHT?

And you fellows in the USA, you are lucky if they sell you the amp for 4000 USD - that´s about 3000 Euro. But we, over here in Europe, guess what, the music shops are asking 5700 Euros that is abt. 7600 USD......Really fair.....

Thanks and regards,

Yeppe