The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

novosibir
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Post by novosibir » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Hey George,

we never met each other and know each other only by email, nonetheless you can't imagine, how good I can understand you and empathize into your situation! I've had a similar situation in spring of this year, where I've had to recognize, that there are some more important things in this world than just amps and must say, that I almost got tears in my eyes, reading your post and all the sincerity in it. I feel so sorry for you, that things on your side turned this way - but I also can see, that you've recognized the order of importances around you and that you're going the right way! Please don't loose your optimism and your belief, that all will turn best at its time! God and your savvy will be showing you the right way!
All the best my friend!
And I very much hope, to meet you once in person at any time!

Larry
The fault almost always is sitting in front of the amp :wink:

Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery

shakti

Post by shakti » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't know what to add other than say that you're doing the right thing, however painful it is. You have other and more important things to do now.

I just hope this community continues in high fashion, losing it would really be a drag. I've built 4 Metroamps, with 4 more on the table (just looking for chassis). This is where the whole "accurate DIY clone" thing started, let's keep the flame lit and hope Metroamp hits back sometime in the future!
JTM45 RS OT, 1973 18W, JTM45/100, JTM50, JMP50 1986, JMP100 "West Coast", AC15, AC30, BF Super Reverb, Boogie Mk 1, Hiwatt CP103, DR103

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by AJW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

The decision was right for you, and that's alright with me. You never let us down. Personally you lifted me up, showed me what was possible, and gave me a whole new avenue to pursue.

I always wanted a 100w Plexi, and even though I was employed for 14 years as a electronic tech, I never thought of building one myself! I think I was looking to see what the exhorbitant prices were for a '69 plexi, and I stumbled on this forum. I love the amp I built from your kit. I can't thank you enough!

I'm sorry to hear you're going through these troubles. I wish you all the best in everything you do.

Cado

Post by Cado » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Real sorry to hear about this George. Wishing you all the best in the future.

myfoot

Post by myfoot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Can't add anything to what everyone else has said either but family has to come first. I'm proud to have built 4 of your kits and have bought parts from your store that are in 2 others. Glad I was here for the ride :rock:

jctaudiodesigns

Post by jctaudiodesigns » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:44 pm

I am really sorry to hear that, but I feel your pain. I too have been going through a rough time and am in the middle of a divorce. Hence the reason I have not been able to order more kits. Right now, all I can do is deal with what is right in front of me, and I am sure that you can relate. I wish you the best.
"If your not learning, your not living"
JCT 8000 100 Watt
Boogie Mark 4

reswot

Post by reswot » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:49 pm

I hate to hear it, George...

Do you think you'll expand your Plexi Replicas to include the 50 watt JMP?

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:41 pm

George,
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope things straighten out for you quickly. You've been a good friend as well as a good business for all of us. I hope you find peace in your family.

54strat

Post by 54strat » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:45 pm

George,

All the best to you and I hope the Plexi Replica side of your business grows and prospers. I certainly understand the family, health, and financials issues you are going through.
I am sad that I was unable to buy and build a Metro amp before it came to this. But I am proudly using a 37 year old Marshall that had sat in my garage for a few years until I discovered the Metro community here and got it fixed up. With the help of forum members, and parts from the Metro store, my amp sounds awesome. Thanks George for selling me one of your last prototype metal face plates, and sending me another when the postal service gorillas damaged the first one!

I hope the forum continues to be the premier source of information for all Metro/Marshall owners. The Plexi Palace and other forums just don't compare in my opinion and I've never felt the need to join the others.

Hang in there George.

Michael
Lubbock, Texas, USA
73 Marshall 1987
76 Marshall 1936 cab w/Celestion V-30's
54 Fender Stratocaster hardtail
87 Fender Stratocaster

mc2

Post by mc2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:26 pm

George-

I'm sorry to hear about your challenges and wish you the very best. Focusing on your kids is a privilege and a sacrifice worth making. I'm the proud owner of 2 JTM-45's. They were my first builds and I got a lot of help on the board despite being more of a lurker. I did learn a lot and helped another out and tried to advocate your business as much as I could.

I'm proud to have had an opportunity to work with you and your great products.

Dave

fusionbear

Post by fusionbear » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:01 pm

I have built a few of your kits and was planning on getting one of the MV100 kits in late January :(

I understand what you are going through with regard to fiscal realities and personal trials. I know you will come out on top.
I think you will find support from most of us and also in unlikely places... :rock:
Amps: diy SLO, Splawn QR, YBA-1
Cabs: Scumback, Rockit, Deizel
Speakers: Scumback M75, Cel. V30, wgs hm75
Guitars: Suhr, B.C. Rich

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Like everyone else here George, I'm very sorry to hear about the recent events in your life. I wish you all the success in the world with Plexi Replicas, those amps you make are definitely some of the best sounding of their kind... ever. In a world full of people with very little to no class, you've always been a total A-1 class act.

Hang in there George, the sun also rises... things will get better! My best wishes for you and your family...

Sincerely,
Gary Bohannon
Nashville, TN
Achieve the Possible!

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 am

All the best to you George.

Gotta do what makes sense to you. I wish you the best.
Metroamp kit JMP50 - CM OT
Metroamp JTM45 turned JMP50 w/Classictone OT
Marshall 2550 Jubilee