The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Post by somethin'else » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm down for the quarterly subscription. It's the gift that keeps on giving, with minimal to no carbon footprint!

This forum really has a stellar group behind it, and is totally worth the kick-down to sustain it.

Just say when VG!
dave

wrea398

Post by wrea398 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm sure some of us have been there too. I know I have. I don't feel let down at all. I think we all appreciate the honesty alot. Most people would have just closed up and left without words. We will all hope for the best and will continue to use your site for all the great information you've posted over the years. I would also bet that if needed, the amp nuts in this forum would be glad to make a small donation to the "George fund" if it would help. Try to have a decent holiday and take care of those kids and yourself. I'm sure there will be only good things to come.

Take Care!

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Flames1950 wrote:I haven't known what to say about this post. Not that I'm the regular customer I used to be -- I've gone to building chassis, panels, etc. from scratch so I'm not worried about that.
My biggest concern here is that the basis of the family problems came from putting us and our business with MetroAmp first. No matter how much you love your business, family is first, and if they weren't in this case that's kind of inexcusable (sorry VG) and probably didn't have to end up this way. I hope I'm off base here.

Otherwise........

To the man who helped us rock -- we salute you. :toast:
Quite profound, Flames.
I can only add that this thread contains a powerful message.. to other parties as well.
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Janglin_Jack

Post by Janglin_Jack » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:02 pm

I first heard about MetroAmp back 6-7 years ago? (Maybe longer??) David Szabados at LegendaryTones asked me to help him with a project. We were going to take a reisssue JTM45 and make like a vintage one using various components. This was my first attempt at an amp build. Since then, I have done maybe 6 amps, (serveral using Metro parts). George was awesome and the store was second to none. I appreciate all his love and passion for everything Marshall and he put his heart and soul into this. I have been really upset by reading this post for obvious reasons.

George hang in there. You are obviously dealing with some of the most stressful things a person can deal with. I wish you and your children all the best. You have the love of your children and this forum community supports you. Take care of your health and focus on your family, the rest will fall into place.

Best wishes,
Mike Mullen
LegendaryTones.com

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 am

George,

I haven't known you or MetroAmp for too long, but in a way I've been searching for you for 10 years. I feel like you (and the people you've attracted here on this forum) are the person who actually GETS attention to detail, and I'm certain it runs deeper than just amps. I'm SO happy and grateful to know you and metroamp. :champ:

I can't say anything about your divorce (I don't want to give you any advice you didn't ask for), but I can say that you're a really cool guy, you have that "spark" of youthful life, it's in your eyes, relaxed demeanor and you deserve to be happy. You deserve freedom from ppl who want to drag you down and things that drag you down. And you deserve to do what's right for you.

Even though you're going through rough, rough times in your personal life, just know that you're making Christmas miracles come true for others... I'm serious man, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. don't even know... You're like Santa Clause. :mrgreen:

Much love my brotha, I know you'll make you're way through this :toast:

Brandon

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:26 am

I took my Metro 12000 series that I built last spring to a guitar/amp show 2 weeks ago . It blew everything else away, leaving a smoldering pile of jaw dropping bewilderment. The relevance is I had no instructions and was my first amp build. The help from you George and the members made that possible for me.
After reading your post above I dug through the rubble and found that Metroamp nameplate and stuck it on the front of the amp where it belongs.

Best of luck guy.

Shannon
12000 Metro Kit

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Strat78 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am

vanhalen5150 wrote: After reading your post above I dug through the rubble and found that Metroamp nameplate and stuck it on the front of the amp where it belongs.
Shannon
I did the same thing, weird how the world works. I don't understand how a business like this with such an impeccable reputation cannot survive, especially with the huge demographic of "maturing" guitarist (with a little spending cash) looking to deflect an approaching mid life crisis. We all know tinkering bliss is a timeless state of mind to be in. A kit was less than a months mortgage payment but will bring a lifetime of joy, these should have been flying out the door for twice the price! I blame the VH forum! :wink: The good news is that plexi replica's seems to be going strong. -That is the best thing for dad and the kids at this point!

Ydna

Post by Ydna » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 am

Although it is sad the kits aren't being sold, I'm sure that they'll come back sooner then we think, and they'll be better then ever before.
~Current Amps~
1. 1963 Sano Supersonic
2. 1990s Fender Dual Showman
3.JTM45/100 Build

~Future Amps~
1. 69 Superlead
2. Lots of Metropoulos amps

Rexplex

Post by Rexplex » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:37 pm

I WITH EVERYONE ELSE ON THE FORUM AS AN MEMBER, GEORGE WAS AN INOVATER AND IS AN GREAT PERSON, I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN WHAT I DO K=NOW ABOUT AMPS WITHOUT HIS HELP AND FORUMS, GEORGE SWAPPED OUT AN BOARD AND OUTPUT TRANS. ON MY FIRST MARSHALL AMP AND THEN I BECAME HOOKED!! I WISH ALL THE BEST FOR YOU GEORGE!! :thumbsup: HAVE AN GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :champ: :champ: :rockon:

TheShaggyFox

Post by TheShaggyFox » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:23 pm

I have never been prouder to own a MetroAmp. You're the best George and I wish you well. - Mike

Ralle

Post by Ralle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm

I salute you, George... and feel with you... going through a divorce myself... and trying to make things work for the kids... But I can tell one thing...It will get better... just have to give tit some time... it might hurt, but you will get through it...
Untill then, my friend, take care of your self and your kids
Best wishes for you, and what you have been offering all of us geeks...
Ralle :rockon:

6burgh

Post by 6burgh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 pm

George,

Our kids are our most precious and blessed gift... your decisions and your dedication to focus on them and the family you have made (because of them alone) prove that your attention to detail, your care for the past from which we've come, and your hopes for the future are serving best those miraculous little sparks of energy that need you most, rather than only the works of art you produce. I hope I'm a part of the majority here that asks what we can do for you at any juncture, whether it be making a donation, helping to source parts in our spare time, or just spreading the Metro word to the masses. I thank you for what you've started.

Paul

Tuco

Post by Tuco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:08 am

George, thanks to you, your vision, and your efforts, I have two fantastic Marshall circuits to call my own. I arrived here with zero knowledge of amp circuits, and now have the confidence to build and service my own tube amps.

I am sorry that you have been having a tough time of it, and truly hope that better times are ahead.

1moreknob

Post by 1moreknob » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:33 am

Sad day for sure. George, get your life in order, take a deep breath and re- evaluate. Raise your margins and re-open! If you buy something for $10, sell it for $25, and charge for the information on this forum. I am sure there are countless people that have taken your hard fought information, and used it for free.
People will pay for quality, experience and knowledge. It brings a huge smile to my face every time a guitarist play's my JTM45, and says "you built this?".
All i did was follow the instructions, you my friend are the one responsible for it.

THANK YOU for making me an amp builder, (well assembler)

Bob

Structo

Post by Structo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear of this George.

I had wanted to buy a kit but got distracted and went in a different direction.

This forum defined Marshall amps to me. I learned a lot about them here.

Very sorry to read of your divorce as well. Although I haven't gone through that (knock wood) I can
only imagine how devastating that would be.

Good luck bro and hopefully next years Christmas will be better for you.

Tom
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!