The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

syscokid
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Post by syscokid » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 pm

yngwie308 wrote:...George, you are the best..
Dave
That was very nice and well said yngwie308... :thumbsup:
"When I'm on stage and first plug in, and I feel a rush of air in my balls... That's when I know my guitar is sounding good!" -Leslie West

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 am

More deep and sincere thanks to all of you. It breaks my heart to see Metroamp go this way. I started it, ran it, sacrificed nearly everything for it all along just to ensure that would persevere. Ultimately, it was not sustainable and I had to accept the inevitable.

There's no hiding the fact that I still believe 100% in the kits and products. Given the right business opportunity you will see these available again, down the road.

For now, the Ampeg work is keeping me very busy. I also have other companies approaching me to build short runs of special USA made amps. These are great opportunities! Beyond anything I anticipated only a few months ago.
I'll be busting ass day in and day out for the foreseeable future. And, spending every chance I get with my kids!!!! 2011 has shown a lot of promise, and has presented some opportunities. I'll be embracing them emphatically.

THANK YOU!

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

Brian Wallace
Supporting Advertiser
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Brian Wallace » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:15 am

:thumbsup:
Patience is a virtue.

Wallace amps

Wallace forum

robert

Post by robert » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 am

:thumbsup: :clap:

Ydna

Post by Ydna » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:55 pm

I'll make sure I get a kit when they come back.
~Current Amps~
1. 1963 Sano Supersonic
2. 1990s Fender Dual Showman
3.JTM45/100 Build

~Future Amps~
1. 69 Superlead
2. Lots of Metropoulos amps

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:08 pm

I know you'll be back George. ;)
Mark

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm

I second that. This forum has been the best thing to happen ( Seriously, the BEST) to tube amplifier lovers EVER !!!!

Divorce is a horrible thing that can tear a persons soul apart. The cold sweat of jealos/envy is balanced with the thought of, oh well "I DIDNT ask or WILL this to HAPPEN", "I tried my BEST to keep us TOGATHER".

KEEP YOUR head up man, You didnt ask for this. You have inspired many and I'm sure you will continue to.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

Yeadaki

Post by Yeadaki » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 am

I haven't been on the forums for quite a while. I built my amp in 2009. It worked so good I've never had to come back for any issues. Recently I contemplated my next build. I was quite surprised to learn the kits were gone. But, I was profoundly moved by the reason. I can relate to putting family first. I fought long and hard for 24 years in the military to put family first. I sacrificed some promotions and assignments that some guys would have killed for. Yet, in the end I'm most proud of taking care of family first. I knew it would matter in the future and I was right.

I salute you man for your hard but right decision.

I wish you all the best and I'll keep my ear to the ground for future developments.

God Bless you!

Chad Cox
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Rock on!

TradAmpGuy

Post by TradAmpGuy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Well, I registered here just so I could post this. I, as many here have stated, wish you the best during these troubling times in your life. I was hoping to purchase one of your kits but put it off for too long. Once they were taken off the store I was very disappointed to say the least. I hope that they will be returning in the future! I broke down and bought a kit from another vendor (who shall remain nameless). Im not impressed so far based on the number of things I had to order or run out and get to make it more like a Metro kit. Little things like not having the correct size and length of machine screw (getting the dremel out to fix some of that). No ground lugs for the output tubes and cap cans. One color wire included. Not to mention no build instructions. Sure I could figure it out from the layout and schematic, but the Metro instructions on some of the most superb and detailed I have ever seen. Thankfully, I have a copy which I am using to build this one. Anyway, best of luck with everything George and looking forward to the triumphant return of the best kits in Marshall-dom.

TRAD-Amp guy aka Brian

PS my Lar-Mar PPIMV is on its way ;) Thanks for pulling the order on a Saturday guys!

jorual

Post by jorual » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi George. SOrry to hear you close.

I Know metroamp from a couple of years but i have one of your kits. It sounds really good.

I hope you are lucky in te future and I hope you come back with it soon.

Regards from Spain.

Sral68

Post by Sral68 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 am

I wish you all the best!

This site and its members have been a great source of information and knowlegde for me in my quest for a great guitar sound. I have one of the 12.000 series kits. Its been my main amp since I bulit it. I can honestly say that I've never played a greater sounding Super Lead.

I hope you keep the forum running. If it turns out to bee to costly, maybe you could open up for donations via PayPal? I'd hate to see this site close down.

Cheers Lars Byberg
http://www.myspace.com/suspenders1
MetroAmp 12.000 SL Clone

peter25

Post by peter25 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Sral68 wrote:I wish you all the best!

This site and its members have been a great source of information and knowlegde for me in my quest for a great guitar sound. I have one of the 12.000 series kits. Its been my main amp since I bulit it. I can honestly say that I've never played a greater sounding Super Lead.

I hope you keep the forum running. If it turns out to bee to costly, maybe you could open up for donations via PayPal? I'd hate to see this site close down.

Cheers Lars Byberg
When I built my amp 5 yrs ago George was so helpfull. He send me pictures of his 67 jmp to help me get the amp I want. He helped me so much. I understand why people are hesitated to buy one of his amps, but all I can say is go for it and you never want another amp again. This site and George's store are the best. I honestly feel I owe something to George. I don't have many guitar players as my friends. But the ones I do have immediatyely bought a Metroamp after hearing mine. I love George and his amps!!

jimboza43

Post by jimboza43 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:31 pm

I built a Metro JTM45 - great amp! I feel blessed. Good luck always, George.

jimmyLYON

Riscchip

Post by Riscchip » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

It's been a while since I've been around here, largely due to all kinds of issues and complications in my own life that I won't get into, but I always miss this place. Referred a friend to the store the other day and he reported the news back to me. I couldn't believe I was so out of touch with this place that it took this long to learn the news!

Truly shocked me, and when I saw the store stripped down, it was a sad thing, but it's a sadder thing to hear about some of the dark stuff you've had to go through George. What's not sad is that you're having success just building the amps and doing what I'm sure is something you love doing! I am going to miss the store the way it was, but I'm not going be sad about it knowing that your plexi replicas are going strong, and that's where you're at. A truly great thing...your amps, amps you are building for others, any and all opportunities that keep you doing what you want and need to do for yourself and your family.

Hope to spend more time around here again.

--Carson

Froumy

Post by Froumy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:13 am

Been away forever , George.

Dealing with some similar issues as you. Sorry, sir, It takes more than we knew we had.. G'luck to you, and most importantly, your family. Hope you find a proper business model to reward your efforts. You deserve it, and we're pulling for you.