The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

JamesHealey

Re: The post I hoped I'd never have to write....

Post by JamesHealey » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Hello George very sad to hear the news! If you wouldn't mind could you email me on Jameshealey2010@gmail.com as i might have an offer to discuss.

Ydna
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Ydna » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:22 pm

I'd suggest private messaging George or Emailing him. He'd probably respond much sooner.
~Current Amps~
1. 1963 Sano Supersonic
2. 1990s Fender Dual Showman
3.JTM45/100 Build

~Future Amps~
1. 69 Superlead
2. Lots of Metropoulos amps

tbwrench

Post by tbwrench » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 pm

George, I hope you can find a balance and make it all work. I had to close my business after 22 years. I built custom motorcycles. I feel neutered. I am also going through a divorce situation with 2 little girls.

Hang in there, you have many well wishers and people who care. You have great products and outstanding service and I thoroughly enjoyed building a JTM 45 kit I bought from Fido at your shop. It has tone for days.

All my best to you. I am sure it will all work out in the end, I will be praying for you, your family and your business and future opportunities.

Tommy.

gldtp99

Post by gldtp99 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Two 100 watt MV kits delivered today---- thanx !!!!..................gldtp99

chad

Post by chad » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:35 pm

George you are truly a generous and remarkable guy. Many here have already said allot of things I think, but I know you will get through the rough times your going through and the tough times to come because of the kind of man I have seen and read through out the post here and the wonderful forum you have provided. All the best to you George! Chad

dynaman

Post by dynaman » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:32 am

Sigh.....Metro was the classiest operation around and I cut my teeth on Metro's parts. Must be a Michigan thing, cuz a host of my friends and I have recently divorced and are facing health and insurance issues.

George, ya prolly don't remember, but I feel obliged to say thanks again for entertaining me those couple of times I poked around your basement. Your customer service was/is unmatched.

I'm happy to hear the forum will stay open, as I think it's one of the largest sources of hardcore DIY info around. I haven't posted much lately, but I don't find it unreasonable to ask forum members to cough up small donations to keep this place active. Perhaps the the paid advertising is enough, but none of us can afford to see this mass of info disappear.

Regardless, family and health first. The Metro kits had a long and noble run, but in the end.....it's just a business.

Geez, my Xmas spirit really is dampened by this news.

syscokid
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by syscokid » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:44 am

I feel very fortunate and proud to have experienced at least one of Metros excellent amp kits. The Metro kits sets the standards that all other brand kits can be judged by. Here's a cheer to what you have accomplished so far, and a prayer for hoping that everything in your personal and business life will work out for the better.

George... you :rock:
"When I'm on stage and first plug in, and I feel a rush of air in my balls... That's when I know my guitar is sounding good!" -Leslie West

j.christopher

Post by j.christopher » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:00 pm

damn that's too bad
great amp
I love it
And recommend it to anyone
but I suppose that won't be possible now.
take it easy everyone
cp
"When your dumb you gotta be tough"

ghettoshelf

Post by ghettoshelf » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Damn,that's too bad George.I was hoping to buy a JTM 45 kit from you this year but other things in life soaked up the money that was supposed to go towards it.
It was great meeting you and Dave at the Amp show in Austin this spring and I really appreciate the fact that you loaned me and all of the Small Stone bands your fine amps for the SXSW festival.
Thanks for your help and the inspiration for keeping the vintage Marshall sound alive.
I can understand some of what you are going through as I went through a divorce in 2002 in which I lost most everything but at least didn't have the children to factor in.
If you are ever in Texas please feel free to look me up if you ever need anything be it a place to lay your head,a meal,a drink,or just some smart assed banter.
Good luck in life,family,and buisness.
Thanks to you and Dave again,
Curt

Star*Guitar

Post by Star*Guitar » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:14 am

George,

I just read this, I don't know how I could have missed it. I never bought much from you, but was always meaning to. As the saying goes, "The road to hell was paved with good intensions."

You my friend are a class act. I would love to have a business like "Metroamp". I know a lot of time is spent building amps, sourcing parts, and trying to make money on them. Not an easy task. It takes a lot of man hours. All I can say is thank you!! I have learned so much here. I wish I could help in some way. Donations I can do. I want to join the lists of others that will support this site and maybe somehow Metroamp as an business.

I digress, my best my friend...

Steve K.
Star*Guitar

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:32 am

Damn, I just saw this thread. In a word? FUCK!!!!! Why do the good guys get the shaft??? That just pisses my NY ass attitude off. It’s just NOT fuckin right.

George, there are NO apologies required here. You have put us all here in a better place than before MetroAmp. Most of us didn’t know much (or squat) before this great forum and building opportunity existed and its overwhelming success is ALL a reflection of its creator’s dedication, effort and painstaking attention to detail and customer service. I dare say many competitors have learned a ton from MetroAmp. Selfishly I hate to see it go but as a Brother your health and family is much more important than any amp and I consider you a friend for life. As always you can call on “MetroWest” for any of your SoCal needs!!

Here’s to a happier and healthy New Year, my friend. (And you as well, Dave!)
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

peter25

Post by peter25 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:38 pm

This is so sad.
The Metrokit was a real turning point for me in playing guitar. These kits drop jaws.
First thing when I bought a guitar long long ago a salesman said to me: "Dont think you can ever sound as people do
on albums." I always believed that till I bought my metroamp. Now I sound better than most.
Honestly this makes me sad. I hope you will get that highly overpaid job at Marshall that they should give to you.
I will miss this site. I didn't post to much, but I have been logging in every once in a while to see what's new.
I'm gonna order a zero tone loss effects loop, as long as they're here.

You will not need it, but good luck George and many thanks for your products!!

Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 am

All I can say is Bummer! So Sorry to hear of your issues George. Your help during my build was invaluable. I wish there had been a mailer to previous customers... I went to the store to pick out my second build and was completely surprised. I hope things come together for you and your kids... Prayers and good Karma coming your way man... damn, anyone have a 1200 kit to sell?

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:36 pm

I have good news to share. Spending lots of time with my kids over the holiday was terrific! Just what I've needed for a long time. It gives me great motivation and I feel good about the future.

I'm working on some ways to get you guys the stuff you want. Dave has taken inventory of some items we have here, like '68 chassis, and we will sell off what we have soon.
It also looks like I can make Metroamp transformers available directly from Heyboer. They have been incredibly understanding and supportive through all of this. We just have to finalize the details and I'll post an announcement with info on how to order.

It's a far cry from everything I'm getting requests for, but a start in the right direction.

Thanks everyone!

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

Roe

Post by Roe » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:10 pm

George, that really is good new :D I wish you a happy newyear
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39