SuperPlex On UA OX

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

aarondamien22
Just the numbers in order: 13492

SuperPlex On UA OX

Post by aarondamien22 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 pm

I recently purchased a Metropoulos SuperPlex... I love this Amp. First Amp that I actually play and it doesn't play me... it just brings out the best I can offer it...
This Amp was shipped via UPS small package.... rough trip.... I have it hooked up through an Universal Audio Ox(Set to 8 ohms) to an 8 ohm open back 2x12 with vintage 30's...I am using Mogami Gold Speaker Cables (3ft) to do this...
Out of no were the mains 4a fuse blew... I powered it down very quickly. I went to a local automotive store... bought the same fuse and replaced it. The amp works fine. All seems well... Is there anything I should be looking for... what is the odds I'm out of hot water... and what can I do to prevent any damage to this amp. I hope to play it for years to come.

aarondamien22

Re: SuperPlex On UA OX

Post by aarondamien22 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Update: I did blow the first KT66 Power Tube. I turned the amp up. It sounded "fuzzy". I looked in the amp... the first valve was not glowing. I turned the amp off... right away. I plan to replace the tubes. I feel like the tube my have been damaged in transit... when shipped via UPS.

Geeze

Re: SuperPlex On UA OX

Post by Geeze » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Did you get it working? How do you like the Superplex?

Russ