Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 set for only $999

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 set for only $999

Post by Lefty Lou » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:19 pm

This seller on eBay is asking ($999/set) for brand new SH-55 humbucker sets:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seymour-Duncan- ... 58a3673be2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I asked the seller what made his pickups so special that one could ask $999/set for the SH-55 pair. His excuse although very lame and nonsensical was, " I'm currently out of the SH-55's and won't get any until tomorrow, the $999/set pricing was to stifle purchases until the SH-55's came in". The problem with this (excuse/explanation) is that he has already sold one set at $999 (unbelievable but true) and that the current auction page shows (1) to sell, and (4) more "in stock" @ $999/set. Is this guy a liar of ultimate proportions or what? Is there a "special sauce" to certain production years for these SH-55 pickups, or some other well guarded secret?

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 set for only $999

Post by JimiJames » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm

:shock:
Lefty Lou wrote:"... Is this guy a liar of ultimate proportions or what? Is there a "special sauce" to certain production years for these SH-55 pickups, or some other well guarded secret?
.... :?
Liar ? IDK that unless this is a secret ? :

Positive feedback rating Fast shipping - item exactly as described
d***v ( 678Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999)
Nov-05-13 04:54
Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover Humbucker Set Bridge & Neck Nickel 1 Conductor (#380698573794) US $207.90 View Item
Oct-14-13 19:44
NEW Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover Set Nickel 11101-21-Nc & 11101-20-Nc (#380737975164) US $207.90 View Item
Aug-22-13 18:17
Seymour Duncan SH-55n Seth Lover Humbucker Pickup Neck Nickel Single Conductor (#380698571218)
US $103.95
Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price. View Item
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 am

He had a listing after I read his email response today for $999/set for SH-55 pair, and there is also a completed sale for this amount from this seller on the "completed listings" page of eBay, so what's your question?

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:22 am

Lefty Lou wrote:He had a listing after I read his email response today for $999/set for SH-55 pair, and there is also a completed sale for this amount from this seller on the "completed listings" page of eBay, so what's your question?
Post the completed listing...like I have done :shrug:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

JimiJames wrote:
Lefty Lou wrote:He had a listing after I read his email response today for $999/set for SH-55 pair, and there is also a completed sale for this amount from this seller on the "completed listings" page of eBay, so what's your question?
Post the completed listing...like I have done :shrug:
It doesn't surprise me one bit that after I gave the seller a heads up in my "questions for seller" that he backtracked on all of his $999/set transactions, including the (1) completed sale in saw in green for $999/set (which means it was sold for that amount). Whether or not anyone chooses to believe me, I don't really care. The seller's excuse was as lame as a horse. Even if you're low on stock or have none, you don't post some exorbitant price you just "tell the truth" especially if you want return sales right? It's like going to buy a Hyundai and they tell you it'll cost you $50,000 only because they don't have any in stock? That makes sense to you right? Not.

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Lefty Lou wrote:"...he has already sold one set at $999..."
Lefty Lou wrote:"...there is also a completed sale for this amount from this seller on the "completed listings" page of eBay, so what's your question?
Lefty Lou wrote:"...including the (1) completed sale in saw in green for $999/set (which means it was sold for that amount)..."

JimiJames wrote: Post the completed listing...like I have done

Lefty Lou wrote:"...Whether or not anyone chooses to believe me, I don't really care..."
JimiJames wrote:...like I have done
:what:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Lefty Lou wrote:
"...Whether or not anyone chooses to believe me, I don't really care..."
JimiJames wrote:
...like I have done

Since you've never really addressed or answered the question, I don't particularly give a shit. Let me give you a quarter to call somebody who does give a shit.

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm a little confused. I clicked on the Ebay link and it lists a BIN price for $207.90 for Neck and Bridge P/U, and 10 availble.. Did the seller correct the listing, but only after somebody already paid $999?? If so ouch!

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:16 am

mightymike wrote:I'm a little confused. I clicked on the Ebay link and it lists a BIN price for $207.90 for Neck and Bridge P/U, and 10 availble.. Did the seller correct the listing, but only after somebody already paid $999?? If so ouch!
Mike, the eBay seller had $999/set for all of his Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 pup sets. I noticed under completed listings that this seller had sold one set already for $999 as it was listed in "Green", not stricken through, and NO notation of "best offer accepted".

With the selling of one pair @ $999, naturally my curiosity was up, so I contacted the seller and related to him the completed listing, and his selling of SH-55 pup sets in "Red" on the auction page with other same items. I thought, maybe there is something I don't know about certain Seth Lover SH-55 pups which bring more money, so I wanted to know. The sellers response was that he had no Seth Lover SH-55 pups in stock, so using an outrageous price would keep prospective customers from buying. WHAT? After reading his eBay response, I immediately looked at one of his auctions for the Seth Lover SH-55 pup set, and it showed (1) set for sale and (4) more on hand which meant he wasn't being truthful about pups on hand and the true reason behind $999/set. It was immediately after I gave him a "heads up" through eBay messaging that he backtracked his auction items.

I just wanted to know how he could charge what he did and get it, was there something special about certain Seth Lover SH-55 humbuckers that I was unaware of. I'll never know his true reason for doing it.