MotorCityPickups Woodward III’s Single Coils

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

MotorCityPickups Woodward III’s Single Coils

Post by JimiJames » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Some of you have probably
heard this vid in the EVH section in Reverbs- recommendations?.

http://www.whammybomb.com/media/T-RexRo ... ngdemo.mov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wanted to let you guys know that I’ve found the perfect neck pickup for SuperStrat tones.

Matching up pickups is one of the hardest things to do, and especially finding a SSS set that is evenly balanced
& sounds great in every & all positions a n d jives with most of your gear.

In this vid you’ll hear me go through some Reverb settings on the T-Rex RoomMate.
I’m playing my usual HM Strat through my '69Metro/ 70's Big 'M' cab w/BB's. I recall Vol1-4 & PPIMV on 6
I have worn out strings from playing soo much, but that doesn’t affect what you're hearing.
After hearing Phil X's vid, I thought Jimi's 'Lil Wing, was a good candidate song...
Phil is a great player & great guy ! :thumbsup:

Wade is making me 2 more Neck pos. (& a reg Blackbelt) .
Eventually and based on my guitar endeavors I will have, at least, a WW III neck in ALL my SuperStrat’s.

I have finally found My perfect neck pup for my needs. I cannot stress how happy I am after 3 decades of searching...
Search is over for me in this dept., gents... :champ:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: MotorCityPickups Woodward III’s Single Coils

Post by somethin'else » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

'Dazz Nice, Jimi. Whodda' thunk? Alnico 3? Wow, I could never get A3 to do squat for me, especially in buckers. But that neck single sounds perfect, and the amp too! A little extra hair on the amp for Jimi maybe? But a real amp (saying it lightly) nevertheless! You running EL34s or 6CA7s? I'll bet you'd love the 6CA7s. Great Pup! and nice chops for a spring chicken, ha! Rock on man.
dave