klein 62 epic strat

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

SB Monster

klein 62 epic strat

Post by SB Monster » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 am

i put a strat together recently with a body from MJT, a neck from Musikraft, and for the pickups, after some serious procrastination, I bought a set of klein's epic series 62 strat pickups.
I probably tried at least a dozen different boutique strat pickups in the last 10 years and always gravitated back to a set of van zandt vintage plus that i've had at least that long. I've also tried many good vintage guitars due to a friend of mine that runs a shop and has been dealing in vintage gear for years. there's always been something about how old strats make their treble frequencies, very present and edgy but sweet and airy at the same time. I love that sound, every time I've picked up a good pre cbs guitar I've heard it, well the kleins have it. the marketing angle on the pickup composition adds up. If anyone is thinking of strat single coils you should really check these guys out. I'm waiting on parts for a tele coming and I've a set of Kleins waiting for it.

TONGA

Re: klein 62 epic strat

Post by TONGA » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks for the info on the Kleins I will be looking into them whenever to the next project; I want to do a 50’s spec- strat. I remember back in the 80’s a friend of a friend handed me a 50’s strat he had just bought… it did not play that great but the sound that came out of that thing just glowed, there is no other way to describe it…. it had a real large fat round neck witch might have had something to do with it but it had to be the pups too... it will a while before I get to it but those pups sound like good start.