NGD - '80's Kramer w/Case...

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

chrisom
Just the numbers in order: 7

NGD - '80's Kramer w/Case...

Post by chrisom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:32 pm

I know it's not much, but I scored this Focus 3000D for $100 with a worn Kramer hardshell case. It has an original "West Germany" Floyd Rose tremolo, Suhr-shaped headstock,and a "DiMarzioSD-esque" humbucker in it. Back in 1985 I bought a next generation Focus new w/1HB & hockey-stick head, so this sure brings back some memories of my first Floyd Rose... :rock: :vh:
Kramer Focus 3000D.JPG
Kramer Focus 3000D.JPG (35.44 KiB) Viewed 1040 times

Tone Slinger

Re: NGD - '80's Kramer w/Case...

Post by Tone Slinger » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 am

Awesome man, you really got a good deal on that ! Reminds me a bit of Michael Wiltons Pacer from '84 a bit. Very NOSTALGIC feeling I get from it. Cool :thumbsup:
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

chrisom
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: NGD - '80's Kramer w/Case...

Post by chrisom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:24 pm

The one I used to own years ago had a little card stock shim under the neck heel that said ESP on it. This one pre-dates it, and I think is a Matsumoto built guitar, whatever that means. :D http://www.vintagekramer.com/focus.htm
The Focus bodies tend to be more slender, and this is generally noticeable without having to compare directly from the animation above. While the shape is different, its still not a bad body for what you might pay on eBay. These bodies are generally made of Alder, and have just as good of a tone as an American Series Baretta Alder body. Focus bodies also seem to have the bridge and pickup just a tad bit higher towards the neck pocket (from a top view) than that of the Baretta bodies. Most Focus bodies also use a jack plate as opposed to the canon jack like in the Barettas and Pacers... Tonally, they sound great.
Kramer Head - Rear.JPG
(42.27 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Kramer Floyd - HB.JPG
(37.54 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Kramer - Jack.JPG
(32.11 KiB) Downloaded 334 times