IMPORTANT NEWS!!! GIBSON GUITAR HISTORY IS BEING MADE RIGHT

There's more to life than just amps?

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

GGCA
Just the numbers in order: 13492

IMPORTANT NEWS!!! GIBSON GUITAR HISTORY IS BEING MADE RIGHT

Post by GGCA » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Read about the team that is finally going to make this happen, and be sure to spread the word!!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gibs ... cquisition

jimmyride

Re: IMPORTANT NEWS!!! GIBSON GUITAR HISTORY IS BEING MADE RI

Post by jimmyride » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:04 pm

"There will be no instruments produced overseas or anywhere else in the world, except for the United States of America, at the company's original birthplace of Kalamazoo, Michigan."

I was smiling until I saw this.

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 pm

I can pretty much guarantee you this acquisition won't happen. If someone has to finance their buy through this means, they aren't serious buyers, with the necessary capital behind them to get Henry and Gibson to the table.

Then again, Henry brought out all that weird stuff for 2015, so maybe I'm wrong.
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

straycat113

Post by straycat113 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:20 am

Forget the weird stuff! Did you guys get a load of the new prices? They have lost their minds ($8,600 for the new R-9's) and the prices on other Historics is one or two grand less. The OP's original post is gone but reading the follow ups it seems like he posted that someone or a group of investors is looking to buy Gibson. I hope someone does and fast! As Henry-J is running arguably the most (well lets call it a tie with Fender) the most iconic name associated with electric guitars in history into the ground. It has taken a good decade to finally start to get their QC department in order which had become a running joke even in "fluff"gear magazine reviews, as well as all these futuristic Star-Trek gizmos and gadgets. Then they have a serious price hike and Gibson die hards who have been playing these guitars for 20 to 50 years are force fed a new neck they never even played before and the G-Force tuning system on everything but the Historic line? I love the guys who say he was a genius who saved and bought the company for peanuts and put it back on top. Well I just call it being very lucky that he bought a company that was close to going under for peanuts in 85 when no basically no new bands that were on top would be caught dead playing a Les Paul and 8 or 9 months later Guns and Roses hit with Appetite for Destruction and it just so happened their lead guitarist played a Burst copy and within a year were the #1 band in the world. If anyone saved Gibson it was Slash!