50 watt build blowing mains fuse

Get support and show off your MetroAmp 50 Watt kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

whopperplate

50 watt build blowing mains fuse

Post by whopperplate » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:28 am

Hello everyone,

I finally put together my 50 watt super lead that I had been lagging on completing, but I am running into issues and blowing the mains fuse instantly upon fire up.

After reading previous posts on This issue I disconnected first the first filter capicitor after the bridge rectifier and still blew the mains fuse. I then disconnected the AC secondaries from the bridge rectifier and still blew the mains fuse.

According to what I have read the assumed problem would be the power transformer, but it is a brand new ****** transformer and i have nevertheless powered it up until now...

I have been meticulously piecing this together for years now so I am really struggling to find a error in my own wiring, and deductive reasoning above doesn’t really leave much room elsewhere to look.

Scratching my head.... Hopefully anyone can possible chime in with some help. I don’t know how to posts pics on here, but I do have them.

Thank you all

Charlie
Musicians are like a bowl of cereal
If they aren't Fruits or Nuts they're Flakes

Tazin

Re: 50 watt build blowing mains fuse

Post by Tazin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:55 am

Sounds like you could have a bad transformer. Did you double check the heater wiring? If this is a Chris M transformer then I would suggest contacting him so he can walk you through some trouble shooting since he will know the correct resisitance for the primaries of the transformer.

whopperplate

Post by whopperplate » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:44 am

I have checked every wiring lol Thank you tazin, you are always helpful. :toast: just emailed chris

Charlie

whopperplate

Post by whopperplate » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:51 am

Human error thank god...my negligent self wired the bridge rectifier backwards. Nothing to see here, move along.

I will post a documentation thread ASAP.

Thank you
Charlie

Tazin

Post by Tazin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:34 pm

Glad ya figured it out.