Need help from you Gurus

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

markanthony

Need help from you Gurus

Post by markanthony » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:49 am

As you Know Im trying to build my first amp! Im doing EVH copy 67-68 same cap values board ect, Im using lay down tranny with voltage adjust without kit so basically 100 lay down, I want to put caps on top, Does anyone have a (clear PDF) drawing of this with values and all!!
And to make sure Im correct on this Im using 2 50*50 uf and 3 32 ufs, the power tranny was off ebay from 1959 marshall remake the guy said it was 96 100 watt dagnel. Ok any advice or help would be appreicated!!!!
Im buying the rest of the parts today and will have everything to get started, and thanks to George for the ultra fast help and ship with his products! I cant rave enough above this Site and Company!!!
Hey can I use the Pdf thats with the Cd George sends out and use the correct values and all?? I just need to make sure before I do this Im new!!!
Thank you!
MA

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockstah » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:50 am

here ive done a evh value for a caps on top chassis.
(the dual 16u is the one under the board in the diagram)

u mentioned u have a laydown PT so why are you putting the caps on top? u have a caps on top chassis or one cap on top chassis?

Mark

markanthony

Thxs

Post by markanthony » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:44 am

rockstah wrote:here ive done a evh value for a caps on top chassis.
(the dual 16u is the one under the board in the diagram)

u mentioned u have a laydown PT so why are you putting the caps on top? u have a caps on top chassis or one cap on top chassis?

Mark
All caps on top the chassis was from ebay plexi style but newer type 5 holes drilled already!!! And I dont have the room to put on board must be different style of chassis here is a pic!
thxs
And sorry for all the Rook questions however,this is my first Project building one of these!! trying to make this as simple as I can for the first project and till I learn more!! And I have to give you all a shout out on this subject, this forum is top notch I have learned more in the last two weeks then any school!!! Thxs for that!!

Also about the dual 16ufs, can i use a single 33uf on top without effecting any tonage or any other problems??
Attachments
Chassis.JPG
Chassis.JPG (183.62 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Last edited by markanthony on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockstah » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:47 am

no worries at all. ask all the questions u want. thats what the forum is here for! ;) just trying to help out is all.

markanthony

TY

Post by markanthony » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:54 am

rockstah wrote:no worries at all. ask all the questions u want. thats what the forum is here for! ;) just trying to help out is all.
Ok Marks thanks I got that PDF you sent how to I load to enlarge without making everythign becoming a blurr??? I tried to load in my Adobe PDF would not do file not correct, cant I use the 59 layout PDF directions and use the specific values for my build?? Also Should I get the stand up tranny or just use the one i got? told ya all 1st one litterally I did some moding on my 6505+, made her sound awesome but that was simple caps nothing as indepth as this but I can do it and i will take my time

thanks again!!
MA