Metro Amp - Zero Loss FX loop kit - Resistor?

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

delay dude
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Metro Amp - Zero Loss FX loop kit - Resistor?

Post by delay dude » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:29 am

Hello,

I´d like to install a "Zero Loss FX loop kit" into my "late 60s Marshall" clone. No. 15 in the manual mentions, that I have to change the 10K resistor. But my Marshall clone has two 8.2K in series (instead of two 10K, one 10K or one 8.2K). Which value should I use for one of my 8.2K resistors? Thanks for your help!

freakshow__

Re: Metro Amp - Zero Loss FX loop kit - Resistor?

Post by freakshow__ » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:56 pm

I think in many cases people don't "need" to change the resistor to compensate for lower voltage.(so I have read) I have never changed one in mine and I have done several zero-loss setups now. Does it change your tone? maybe? The amp I did last week only changed by 10 volts. It was a Soldano SLO 100 clone FYI. Enjoy!

Oliviervgirard

Re: Metro Amp - Zero Loss FX loop kit - Resistor?

Post by Oliviervgirard » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:51 pm

Hi Freakshow! I hope you'll se this message...

I'm trying to install the ZLFx loop on a Soldano HotRod 50 and I'm having a very disapointing experience...

I'm using the orginal insert points (amp PCB Send -> Loop In and Loop out -> amp PCB Return)

I'm using a nearby 400v tap and get 305v on the Fx Loop board. The amp voltage drop about 10-15v,

Loop board have a dedicated ground lug installed.

The sound I get is quiet, destroyed and absolutely unusable... I'd like some help... ;)

Thanks!