Metro turrets

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Metro turrets

Post by AJW » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 pm

Where can I find turrets like Metro used to sell? I just used the last one in my stash building a filter board for a Fender Deluxe. I have some ones from Hoffman Amps, but they are smaller. I think I can find them out there if I get the dimensions right (harder since I staked the last one). I was hoping Valvestorm stocked them, but I don't see them on the site.

ivan H

Re: Metro turrets

Post by ivan H » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Not the same as the turrets Metroamp used, but you can get the UK made Harwin H2073Z01 bifurcated turrets (split top, similar to those used in the old JTM45's etc) from Tubedepot, otherwise, Modulus Amplification in the UK has the type you mention (in a couple of sizes) as well as a bifurcated type. Hope this helps. Cheers

AJW

Post by AJW » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Thanks Ivan H! I saw those Harwin turrets were recommended on the Marshall Amp Forum too. I’d like to find some non-bifurcated ones though. I see multiple varieties of Harwin turrets at sources in the US (where I am), and I bet I can find a part number that will work. I need to measure and do some research. If I find out I will post back here with the info for the next guy who’s looking.

ivan H

Post by ivan H » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Granger amps have the type of turrets you are after, apologies for not thinking of when posting yesterday. Cheers

AJW

Post by AJW » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:40 pm

I think a Keystone double hollow turret part number 1509-3 fits the bill for the 3.2mm board I'm using. Digi-Key and Mouser carry them. Amplified parts do too, and they actually appear the cheapest unless you're buying large quantities. Looks like the ones on Modulus website, but the dimensions are just slightly different.

Granger too now that I saw your update, and they are way cheaper! They are on backorder though. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely keep them in mind next time I'm looking. :toast:

AJW

Post by AJW » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:15 am

Took a long time to get these things via USPS. The Keystone 1509-3 turret fit the exterior dimensions very close, but the through hole is a little narrower. It works, but the old Metro turret was better if you want to top load the turret with more than one lead. Of course the things were made to have leads with a 180 degree wrap around the sides anyway.