Metro zero loss FX loop instructions - dimensions of jack placement doesn’t seem right?

Discuss your builds of MetroAmp Kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Explorerman
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Metro zero loss FX loop instructions - dimensions of jack placement doesn’t seem right?

Post by Explorerman » Tue May 10, 2022 4:17 am

Hi, I’ve just received my components for a 50w 2204 build - including the Metro zero loss effects loop kit (v4). I’m measuring out the additional holes I need to drill on the back panel for the effects loop (as well as other screw holes for Larry grounding scheme) before I do do anything to make life easier when I put it in.

However I quickly noticed that the dimensions don’t seem right in the instructions, it has the first jack hole centre 3.5” from the nearest speaker jack centre. If I put it in like that the far jack of the effects loop will sit on the very out edge of the chassis. Are these dimensions for a 100w possibly? If I place the effects loop 3.5” from the inner most speaker jack, this seems more realistic. Anyone else come across this? Cheers.

danman

Re: Metro zero loss FX loop instructions - dimensions of jack placement doesn’t seem right?

Post by danman » Tue May 10, 2022 6:10 pm

If you check out online pics of different chassis with the loop installed, almost every one of them has the loop board placed over the v2 preamp tube. To get the exact measurement, you may be able to email George himself. I believe you can find his email on the Metropoulos web store site.

Explorerman

Re: Metro zero loss FX loop instructions - dimensions of jack placement doesn’t seem right?

Post by Explorerman » Wed May 11, 2022 7:28 am

Thanks Danman, I might do that as I don’t want to mess it up.