Anyone here into European bands Like Accept & Krokus ?

Everything from original vintage Marshalls to reissues.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Guitar Adjuster

Post by Guitar Adjuster » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:50 pm

For those of you interested in getting that NWOBHM/80 Metal type tone I have attached a Diagram designed by none other then our own amp guru LARRY and diagramed by STEVE (SDM). I have built this amp and it's a beast. Enjoy.

Allen

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:13 am

Guitar Adjuster wrote:I built a 50 watt 2204 just to clone the "Accept" Balls to the Wall sound. Sounds killer!
LOL Now now thats what all amp makers should do !
Meaning emulating Classic Tones.
I would love the hear this amp , do you have any Clips ?

As for Mumma's Boys , I do remember them . They did a cover of a Slade song if I remember right ?
Marshall 1973 PTP
Marshall 1977 JMP 2204
Marshall Plexi Reissue
Marshall JCM 800 1959
Marshall 1982 JCM 800 2203
Mesa Boogie MKIV

Marshall 1960TV
2x12 V-30's
Eminar 4x12
2x12 Celestion Gh-80's

SDM
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by SDM » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:09 am

Damn catching my own errors now. The note in the upper left of the above drawing should read: "May be best off to shield these wires, at least input to pin 7" - not pin 6 as the drawing says. Same for the note to the right of that one, "...tube pin 7 for best..." not 6. Just follow the arrows, the drawing/layout is right, just wrong numbers written there. Where did I get 6? Sorry about that.

Necrovore
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Necrovore » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:39 am

SDM wrote:Damn catching my own errors now. The note in the upper left of the above drawing should read: "May be best off to shield these wires, at least input to pin 7" - not pin 6 as the drawing says. Same for the note to the right of that one, "...tube pin 7 for best..." not 6. Just follow the arrows, the drawing/layout is right, just wrong numbers written there. Where did I get 6? Sorry about that.
Well he did it exactly as you put it on the layout and it sounds terrific. But I will take your advice when I finally put my board in the 2203 I am building. I am doing the same layout, but some other small tweaks Larry suggested to help get it a bit gainier for a more German thrash type amp.

Gunn E. Slinger

Re:

Post by Gunn E. Slinger » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:50 pm

Guitar Adjuster wrote:For those of you interested in getting that NWOBHM/80 Metal type tone I have attached a Diagram designed by none other then our own amp guru LARRY and diagramed by STEVE (SDM). I have built this amp and it's a beast. Enjoy.

Allen

I know this is a seriously old thread,but, I love that accept tone...(All of them), Layout does not show up,so, was wondering if it was still floating around somewhere??, Have a doner amp ready!! :clap:

lifer

Re: Anyone here into European bands Like Accept & Krokus ?

Post by lifer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:01 am

oh hell yes! reminds me of being a boneheaded teenager! lol

krokus rocked.....prolly my fav krokus song is "Russian Winter" on Headhunter. K I L L E R.

i saw Accept back when their balls song was hot. i think it may have been an iron maiden show.

shew....they were loud as SH*T! unfortunately....the sound was awful. tons of breakup coming out of the PA.

i was like....who is the f*ckhead in charge of sound?! lol

i tell ya what....Accept released an album just a couple yrs. ago.....2013 maybe? BAD to the bone! best new metal i heard in ages.

Gunn E. Slinger

Post by Gunn E. Slinger » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:00 pm

yeah, they have put a few albums out recently,
no more udo, i think wolf id using eng.'s these days,
I think the magic is gone though, Metal heart was their crowning glory to me.
I just really don't hear anything that is to memorable in their last few efforts.

In the old stuff it sounds to me like, Restless and wild was pushed 4 holers,
after that jim 800's, than Metal heart is the modded stereo marshall, who knows what was done in the pre amp on that thing.., would love to have that layout that larry designed, Hell, if i win the lottery i want one of his amps!!!

Just broke out the old v i used in the 80's out of mothballs, poor girl needs some love, had a nasty headstock break that was never fixed right, slid it across a stage one drunk night in San Diego, hit a loose cannon connector on the stage and got launched.... at least i still have her!!

lifer

Post by lifer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Just broke out the old v i used in the 80's out of mothballs, poor girl needs some love, had a nasty headstock break that was never fixed right, slid it across a stage one drunk night in San Diego, hit a loose cannon connector on the stage and got launched.... at least i still have her!![/quote]

HAHAHAHA!!! musta been a hell of a night