My buddy is using my modded JMP in his new solo album

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

scottosan

My buddy is using my modded JMP in his new solo album

Post by scottosan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:58 pm

My friend Tim B. just put this together in 2 days and is going to be the first track of his solo project. He is an incredible player and plays everythng from county to metal and has been doing session work and gigging for quite a while. I am really excited not only because he is a killer player, and the recording was done with my 50 watt modded Marshall JMP.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8194035" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modded with Bogner inspired circuit with additional tweaks and George's awsome zero loss loop

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: My buddy is using my modded JMP in his new solo album

Post by JimiJames » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:21 am

fuckin' killer, man !
(What's the cab/loaded with?)
I'm re-working both my heads with that beautimus looparooski ! (Thank you Steve & VG !)
Did he make a 'break-out box' or... said fuck it... drilled the holes?
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

scottosan

Post by scottosan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 am

JimiJames wrote:fuckin' killer, man !
(What's the cab/loaded with?)
I'm re-working both my heads with that beautimus looparooski ! (Thank you Steve & VG !)
Did he make a 'break-out box' or... said fuck it... drilled the holes?
The cab was a Mesa Traditional with Vintage 30's. If you are talking about holes for the loop, I just drilled them.

Sral68
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Sral68 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:58 am

The amp sounds really great. Love his frasing.

Whats that beatiful scream at 2:55? Is it a bend with feedback controlled with the whammybar?

The sequence with the wah wah is my favorit. Great to hear players of that caliber who plays with feeling and restraint. It makes the radical runs that more effectful :D
http://www.myspace.com/suspenders1
MetroAmp 12.000 SL Clone

scottosan

Post by scottosan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:17 pm

Sral68 wrote:The amp sounds really great. Love his frasing.

Whats that beatiful scream at 2:55? Is it a bend with feedback controlled with the whammybar?

The sequence with the wah wah is my favorit. Great to hear players of that caliber who plays with feeling and restraint. It makes the radical runs that more effectful :D
I am actually intimidated to play in front of him. He teaches guitar lessons, does studio sessions as well as gigs in a county band. He is a youtube of one of the takes of for the single. It actually doesn't sound bad for camcorder mic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHE0lX9fTqY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sral68
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Sral68 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 am

I hear what youre talking about. In the mellow parts it sounds like he's using chiken picking, but in a r'n'r way. Cool.

I dont think you should be intimidated playing in front of him. First of you say he's a teacher. So his used to hearing players on all levels. Second, its good to be humble before others talent. But playing with great musicians is great way to learn. I've played with some amazing guitar players (and others musicians), and learnt more from that than sitting in my room practicing scales. Music is communication, they say.

Keep on rocking!
http://www.myspace.com/suspenders1
MetroAmp 12.000 SL Clone

MarvinMitt

Post by MarvinMitt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 am

Well yeah, playing home gives some skills but turning it into music is very difficult alone. The best way to make music is take a house with a sauna and a pond in the middle of nowhere, get a drummer and a bass player that you have been playing together with for a while and who you can talk with without words. First put up amps, drums, mics, do a minor soundcheck and then grab some beers and go to sauna. The rest just comes by itself!

But back to the thread, I really like that playing. Reminds me a tad Andy Timmons' early work (ear X-tacy). Timmons has played country to metal and session work too.. I tell you probably any average amp would sound good with players like these, but that one particular sounds superb! Thanks for sharing and I hope he's album will do well.
"I'm gonna' put a curse on you and all your children will be born naked..." - J. M. Hendrix

scottosan

Post by scottosan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:02 pm

MarvinMitt wrote:Well yeah, playing home gives some skills but turning it into music is very difficult alone. The best way to make music is take a house with a sauna and a pond in the middle of nowhere, get a drummer and a bass player that you have been playing together with for a while and who you can talk with without words. First put up amps, drums, mics, do a minor soundcheck and then grab some beers and go to sauna. The rest just comes by itself!

But back to the thread, I really like that playing. Reminds me a tad Andy Timmons' early work (ear X-tacy). Timmons has played country to metal and session work too.. I tell you probably any average amp would sound good with players like these, but that one particular sounds superb! Thanks for sharing and I hope he's album will do well.
He was a dry clip without the backing TIm did for me last mont when we were a jamming. The volume was pretty low, like around 09:00
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8060015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

steve10358

Post by steve10358 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 pm

That is some tasteful playing. LOVE IT!
RIP Mark Abrahamiam