Rockstahs mod 5 soundclips ?

Share your YouTube videos or upload your mp3's.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Capt Vemo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Rockstahs mod 5 soundclips ?

Post by Capt Vemo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Anyone out there have any soundclips of rockstahs MOD 5 mod done to there amp playing something other than Van Halen? I know alot of people are searching for his classic tone. And although the man does know tone I truely believe there are others out there like Michael Schenker Billy Gibbon Brian May that know just as much about tone as Eddie does. I like the sound of rockstahs mod but it would be nice to hear it playing some UFO Thin Lizzy Queen etc. It seems like everyone that does a sound clip always uses VH stuff for the clip.
A wise man once said:
"There is no right piece of gear, only the next piece of gear."
He eventually went broke, but his tone was incredible

Tone Slinger

Re: Rockstahs mod 5 soundclips ?

Post by Tone Slinger » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:34 pm

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10925953" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a clip of forum member Efraser. I asked him to post this clip on another thread. He is using his '89 JCM 800 1987 head (modded by Rockstah to mod 5 specs) through a Marshall 4/12 with 25 watt greenbacks. He used his white Les Paul custom. So, yeah, imo this spec is real good for more stuff besides old Van Halen.

Your 1987 clone has a ppimv, right ? All you need to do is go to the Thread 'EVH style mods' on the Eddie Van Halen page and look at the specs and build photo's available. It is essentially a 1959 or 1987 (or 2203/2204) style circuit with a JCM 800 2203/2204 style cascade MV along with a Lar/Mar ppimv.

This spec gets a Killer UFO era Schenker tone for sure !
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

eljodon
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by eljodon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Now this is a very cool tone! I love it. Very rich sounding distortion.How did you get that sound???
Suhr PT100SE ,Metro/Friedman 68' Plexi, ,Friedman BE100,EVH 5150iiiS,Fender Vibrolux 68'/Alessandro,VoxAC30,Kemper

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Go to the 'EVH style mods' on the Eddie Van Halen thread and you will come to the 'Mod 5' section. This mod is essentially a hybrid of a 2203 Marshall front end (Cascade) along with EARLY Super Lead preamp component values ('68-'mid '73), Super bass pi couplers and 12xxx series (late '67 -'early '68) filtering, followed by a lar/mar ppimv (some component brand/composition is integral with this spec). MANY here (pm me) can guide you along the way, BUT....... if you dont feel 'confident and secure performing this mod, I would reccomend going to the MASTER/CREATOR of this mod..... Rockstah.

Go to Rockstah amps.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

axeman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by axeman » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:34 am

Why does he call it mod 5 when it really came from the Metro Forum. Call It MAF Mod. If anyone wants it pm me.