steppenwolf

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

electricskychurch

steppenwolf

Post by electricskychurch » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm

very good 60's-70's rock band with John Kay (singer /guitarist ) and young guitarist Michael Monarch (that stayed in the band until 1969) .
they released some of the best rock songs (should i say anthems ! LOL) like born to be wild, the pusher, don't step on the grass sam, magic carpet ride ...

but i suppose all you rock heads already know this band , don't you ? LOL

bluze81
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by bluze81 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Good band, sometime after 1969 the guitar player was Bobby Cochran, we built some nice Strats for him when I worked at Charvel in early 70s, in fact I think he and John Kay received the first Charvel Strats made with the first run of Boogiebodys,one was Zebra wood, I was the lucky guy to take John Kay his guitar and meet him. real nice person.

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 pm

cool, it must have been nice to meet him.
i have listened so much to steppenwolf for years when i was younger and i still love some of their tracks, like the one i wrote about above or some other ones .
i had nearly all the LP's and live albums (the official ones at least ).
i love the riff in magic carper ride ; simple but efficiant !
"don' t step on the grass sam" and "the pusher" really represent for me the late 60's down tempo californian rock ; kind of full of sunshine and i like lyrics !
i don't know why but i feel they have something in common in their music, with the one of creedence clearwater revival .