Carlos Santana

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

YHWH

Post by YHWH » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:54 pm

... Neal Schon claims to have played some of Carlo's most "notable" solos during his days with Santana and was uncredited for such. I love Neal and knowing a bit about the music industry's many *deceptions*... something like that could be possible. But Neal has such a unique style... it's hard to get Neal's playing confused w/ Carlos Santana's... so maybe Neal's just a little "bitter". :lol:

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:26 pm

I'd be bitter to if my guitar solos were being credited to another guy.
:D

Love old Santana, with Neal or not. The older stuff though, not this Europa stuff. The first 3 or 4 albums, and the LIVE album with Buddy Miles, where both Carlos and Neal really cut loose.

As Bill Graham introduced the band- "The sound of the streets"

YHWH

Post by YHWH » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 pm

carlygtr56 wrote:I'd be bitter to if my guitar solos were being credited to another guy.
:D

Love old Santana, with Neal or not. The older stuff though, not this Europa stuff. The first 3 or 4 albums, and the LIVE album with Buddy Miles, where both Carlos and Neal really cut loose.

As Bill Graham introduced the band- "The sound of the streets"
... I wish Neal would be more specific about what solos he played that are attributed to Santana. I mean... being so vague doesn't give him much leeway...

If I played in a band w/ "Joe Schmo" and I played the solo in whatever songs that "Joe" got credit for... I'd just say "Hey, I'm the guy who really played that solo in Song A, B, C, etc." Ya know... be specific. :lol:

YHWH

Post by YHWH » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:59 pm

EDIT: HEY... STOP LOGGING ME OFF WHEN I WANT TO EDIT MY POSTS. :evil:

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:29 am

When I'm overdubbing mindless box position solos, you won't catch me without my Santana Pumps from the Carlos Santana Shoe line-

http://www.carlosshoes.com/Shopping/Res ... oes&cpckw=[Santana+shoes]&s_kwcid=santana%20shoes|1929215653