Jack White / raconteurs / white stripes

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

electricskychurch

Jack White / raconteurs / white stripes

Post by electricskychurch » Thu May 01, 2008 6:13 pm

i'm surprised there is no topic about this guy !

i can't say he's one of my favorite guitarists of all times but he's certainly one of the most interesting actual internationaly known guitarists (of his generation).
he also has one of the best guitar tone of that generation's bands as well as a nice voice.

he's a good producer and composer that becomes better with age and work through the different LP's and bands he plays in.

i didn't really liked the first LP's before Elephant (or so , not sure of the lp's name) and the hits that were on that LP but i think he really catches the 70's rock tone in his music , adding his personal touch.

i dig the warm analog tone he gets on his LP's.

HEAVIER THAN HELL

Post by HEAVIER THAN HELL » Thu May 01, 2008 7:33 pm

I like the way he always comes up with a new twist on something old. His tone on the Racontuers stuff is great too.

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Mon May 05, 2008 9:52 am

personaly, i prefer the songs from the raconteurs than the white stripes ones, except elephant.

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:51 pm

i've been listening to their last LP for a while now and it's really a good LP, especialy compared to what's beeing released actualy !

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 pm

I always wondered what his setup was. I saw him on Leno with some strange hifi looking amp.

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:03 am

here's the link to wiki, there's most of the gears he uses:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_White ... _and_sound
he also uses the ZVEX Z factory fuzz for his solo sounds in the raconteurs (with his custom made gretsch duo jet guitars).
one of the finest actual rock tones !

thousandshirts

Post by thousandshirts » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:12 pm

Apparently he's got two of the Silvertone 100watt 6x10 amps that he uses quite a bit.

I'm not a huge fan, but I don't dislike his work either, and I find it to be some of the best stuff on the "new" radio station around here. I did have a listen to the new album, Icky Thump. The studio/production on this album far surpasses the more low-fi sounds of the first two albums -- which I like as well -- but sonically it's neat to hear what they can do with a bit more time and a bit better a studio.

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:16 pm

yes, "icky thump" was already nice but the new Raconteurs LP is much better ! i really thinks he's now on another level.