Edwin McCain

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Edwin McCain

Post by NY Chief » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:26 am

A very different vibe from what we discuss here. Saw him last night at the Coach House. He puts on a GREAT show and has a killer voice. He tells a lot of funny stories and is very self effacing until the song starts then it's 110% heart and soul into what he's singing / playing.

He told a story about going to a fancy record co dinner at a very upscale Manhattan resturant. Had to buy a suit, put it on and his friends wanted to know what he did and why was he going to court! Got seated at a table across from Jessica Simpson, "The most stared at woman in the world and I was going to get my money's worth. Didn't take my eyes off of her".

She finally called security over and asked "Why is Meatloaf glaring at me like that?" :shock:

Great night and great music / songs.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

OnTheFritz

Re: Edwin McCain

Post by OnTheFritz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:35 am

NY Chief wrote: He tells a lot of funny stories and is very self effacing until the song starts then it's 110% heart and soul into what he's singing / playing.
Chief, I saw him a few years ago on celebrity Jeopardy, and that was the impression I got.
He seemed like a super down to earth guy, made fun of himself for not knowing things! lol

Cool review, sounds like it was a great show.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:11 pm

NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"