Bad company

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

electricskychurch

Bad company

Post by electricskychurch » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:05 pm

i recently bought two of the first Bad company(Free' singer and drummer) LP's (the first and third ) , beeing a huge Free fan (and paul kossof himself ), i had heard about that band for a few years but had no cd's of them.

i didn't know it was released under Swan Songs (led zepellin label).
it sounds like Free but maybe not exactly as good (maybe i'm really used to Free that reminds me many souvenirs whereas i have none yet with Bad co ! LOL) !
i miss Paul Kossof when i hear those reccords , he has such a nice way of playing of is own as well as a great tone.
also , Free was not only the singer (paul rodgers) , guitarist and drummer (simon kirk) , the bassist (andy fraser ) was a very good composer and good bassist as well.

i prefer Free but those Bad company LP's are still nice when you like Free .
Last edited by electricskychurch on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

62sg
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by 62sg » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:16 pm

I hear ya on the Kossoff...his vibrato....great stuff.
But I always liked the straight ahead-ness of Mick Ralphs playing....again, a fantastic player who says so much with so few notes. Great tone, too, most of the time.
JOHN

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:25 pm

yes, he's a good guitarist as well.

the change from Andy Fraser to boz burrell at the bass, is a big change as well as Andy was really harmonizing the song's melodies with his nice bass playing !