ARMS '83 Concert

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

ARMS '83 Concert

Post by somethin'else » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Definitely a good oldie, wow. I've never seen the whole thing. Kewl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9uDEstV ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dave

jimmyride
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: ARMS '83 Concert

Post by jimmyride » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:54 am

So Page's set includes Paul Rodgers here. I see they also play Midnight Moonlight from later released Firm album. I have a show with Steve Winwood on VHS. (most likely slightly earlier one) Page plays MUCH better there.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEmb14hC ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Chopin's Prelude No. 4 E minor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFik1D1zPhQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (StH)

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:47 pm

I was at the MSG show, 3rd row! As much as I love Page/Zep he was horrible. Out of tune, sloppy, seemed like he couldn't stand up straight. I think that's when smack had a good hold on him. You can see it on the vid from the RAH shows, too. Especially where they show him and Beck. Page can't stop moving (stumbling?)

I actually recorded the MSG show on one of the first recording walkmans. We bought on the way to the show and returned on the way home! Morons that we were we only got ONE 90 minute tape!!! :oops: Real bitch sneaking that in along with my camera gear!

The show was great none the less! Seeing the three Yardbirds' guitar players together on stage was cool.
Last edited by NY Chief on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

jimmyride

Post by jimmyride » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 pm

You were lucky to see them all. I saw Page/Plant in 1997 and Beck last year. He was incredible. Page stopped using heroin in 1983. I think this ARMS tour saved his life. It's really sad to see him like this but hey... he got rid of it and turned 68 this year! That's almost a miracle.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:01 pm

jimmyride wrote:You were lucky to see them all. I saw Page/Plant in 1997 and Beck last year. He was incredible. Page stopped using heroin in 1983. I think this ARMS tour saved his life. It's really sad to see him like this but hey... he got rid of it and turned 68 this year! That's almost a miracle.
+1 jimmyride...it STILL was the guy who wrote and recorded some of the greatest rock n roll of all time!! Don't get me started on Beck! He just keeps getting better and better (EVH can't hold a candle...oops...shouldn't start that again.... :wink:
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

zaphod777
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by zaphod777 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 pm

I saw both Page/Plant tours. Page was in top form both shows. The closest I will ever come to seeing the mighty Zeppelin.
NY Chief wrote: the guy who wrote and recorded some of the greatest rock n roll of all time!!
Player, Writer, Producer. In his prime, a force to be reckoned with.

jimmyride

Post by jimmyride » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:34 am

I'm reading a book called When Giants Walked the Earth. I can tell you it's pretty sad reading when you reach 1977. But I guess it's only logical - if you climb too high you must fall back inevitably. And when I read that Page was sometimes so smacked out he couldn't even put his pants on...