Jake E Lee back in action

Inspirational tones.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Jake E Lee back in action

Post by AJW » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Just saw this: http://www.guitarworld.com/jake-e-lee-a ... -vocalists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm tempted to send in an audition tape. It's great to see him back at it!

Tone Slinger

Re: Jake E Lee back in action

Post by Tone Slinger » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Great to hear this ! Thanks for posting. I remember watching 'That Metal Show' and the THROWDOWN question was "Who was/is the better Ozzy Osbourne guitarist, Jake or Zakk".
The crowd yelled harder for Zakk and Ace Frehley and Billy Sheehan both picked Zakk :shock: . I couldnt believe it. Eddie Trump summed it up to Jake having not done much the past 20 years or so.

Jake should really do well, no matter the current era, he is THAT good. Cant wait to hear DiAnno singing on a Jake track :rock:
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

BrownSound1

Post by BrownSound1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm

I always catch flak when someone asks me who my favorite Ozzy guitarist is and I say Jake.
Why is it we can remember where all the wires go, but can never find a pick?

syscokid

Post by syscokid » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:18 pm

This is excellent news...

Yeah Jake... :toast:
"When I'm on stage and first plug in, and I feel a rush of air in my balls... That's when I know my guitar is sounding good!" -Leslie West

FL6

Post by FL6 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 am

Way Jake.

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 am

I hope Jake 'redeems' himself with this. It is HARD to believe that 'THE METAL SHOW' on vh1 Classic, chose ZAKK WYLDE as the better OZZY guitarist :shock: . Sure, the point was made that it was best OZZY guitarist, so Zakk has MANY more Ozzy albums than Jake (2), but those 2 albums Jake was on have MUCH better riffs/solo's/ideas than anything Zakk has done. Not to slag Zakk (I actually love the 'Rock Star' movie soundtrack), but Jake was/is a more versatile guitarist.
I was really dissapointed in Billy Sheehan for picking Zakk in that 'throwdown'. Ace Frehley, quite honestly, probably isnt very familiar with Jake and chose Zakk, cause he has met him and the fact that Zakk plays a Les Paul, but Sheehan :shock: , you would think has actually 'LISTENED' to both these guy's. Billy said that Zakk was an 'All around' better player. I couldnt have DISSAGREED more.

somethin'else
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by somethin'else » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:55 pm

That was cool in the Beggars & Thieves video, Jake playing the TV Yellow w/P90s, and playing way more music in that one solo that Zakk could poop in a whole album! :twisted: (I like Jake)
dave

emmjaydubya

Post by emmjaydubya » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Everyone knows that Randy Rhoads was great guitar player and usually everyone's favorite. But when I first heard 'Bark at the Moon' in my early teens, I lost it!! Jake was always my favorite of the Ozzy guys and one of my favorites of any genre because he is an original and he absolutely kills it. Glad to see that he's still making records, I wish him the best of luck!
Last edited by emmjaydubya on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

redgtr

Post by redgtr » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:13 pm

emmjaydubya wrote:Everyone knows that Randy Rhoads was great guitar player and usually everyone's favorite. But when I first heard 'Bark at the Moon' in my early teens, I lost it!! Jake was always my favorite of the Ozzy guys and one my favorites of any genre because he is an original and he absolutely kills it. Glad to see that he's still making records, I wish him the best of luck!
I totally agree Jake is the man, and he didnt use a whammy even though almost everyone else was. :rock:

julkke

Post by julkke » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am

Jake's songwriting and playing style are unique. My favourite of Ozzy guitarists, badlands is awesome too. Great to see him back in business!

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 am

I just hope that he (Jake) expresses more of the '80's style he had with Ozzy. Jake seemed to 'slag' that style a bit in interviews from the late '80's, as well as his playing being tamer, bluesier and a tad lazy on some of the BadLands stuff. Now that the '80's' style is nostalgic and not the 'in' thing, maybe Jake will pull out that great blend of blaring rock/metal riffs along with the constructed neo-classical lines that he used with Ozzy :rock:

EJSLPlexi

Post by EJSLPlexi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 am

Tone Slinger wrote:I just hope that he (Jake) expresses more of the '80's style he had with Ozzy. Jake seemed to 'slag' that style a bit in interviews from the late '80's, as well as his playing being tamer, bluesier and a tad lazy on some of the BadLands stuff. Now that the '80's' style is nostalgic and not the 'in' thing, maybe Jake will pull out that great blend of blaring rock/metal riffs along with the constructed neo-classical lines that he used with Ozzy :rock:
+1 Jake is one of my all time favs and would love to hear him make up for all these lost years :rocker:

Leardriver

Post by Leardriver » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Jake was the first guy to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up! I think the first song I hear was Rock and Roll Rebel and than Bark at the Moon. I even had a White Holdsworth model Charvel! What I would give to get that thing back! Anyway....Jake absolutely burned and has a style that is all his own. I can pick out his playing instantly. I do wish he had not been so hell bent on "bucking the system" and been able to hook up and play with others after Badlands. I had heard all kinds of disturbing rumors about him and always hoped that they were not true! As I said, he was my hero when I was 15 and starting to develop as a guitar player. While I have certainly incorporated a great many more aspects of music since my formative years...there will always be a little bit of Jake E Lee influence somewhere in my playing. I love his vibrato and the way he just attacks rhythm playing. It sounds like sparks are flying off the fretboard! He played the Ozzy/Rhoads better than any of the guys that came after (although I have to admit I heard a clip of Gus G playing Bark and he sounded almost exactly like Jake!)in my opinion. And was by far the best showman Ozzy has ever had...period. Zakk is a monster! No doubt about it and I saw him play in Zyrus here in NJ years and years ago. The guy always had chops for days! And he does have his own thing and style! But it gets a little worn out to me while Jake is always inventing new things and exploring different directions.

Oh well...whatever happens I am so glad to hear Jake is making music again. I wish him well and look forward to supporting it when its available.

PaulP

MrBeasty

Post by MrBeasty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm

I love Zakk's playing ... it is a bit one dimensional but still amazing. That said, it is a pity that Jake gave-up after Badlands (great band BTW) but the scene was gone and he did not want to be a back-up guy anymore. Fair enough.
I am super happy about his return. He is probably THE most under-rated guitarist in rock.

I am often bothered by Zakk's "Randy talk" when he equally lifted from Jake: signature dive-bombs on a fixed-bridge and lightning-fast pentatonics and arpeggios, etc.

My $0.02!

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

When asked that question about Ozzy's guitar player most say Zakk because :

1) they don't know of any other.
2) they don't play guitar.
3) believe Ozzy bit the head off Alice Cooper.
12000 Metro Kit