Blowing Fuses

Detailed assembly steps separated into threads.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

jfhudak

Re: Blowing Fuses

Post by jfhudak » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

neikeel wrote:
jfhudak wrote:I'm still putting this thing through it's paces but I can already tell the following:

- I love it
- I love it
- I love it

THIS is the tone I needed! Stands to reason that a blues-rock player would like a blues amp!! It grinds when it needs to and it sings really nice. I can get AC/DC or Zep, or Hendrix, or any of that stuff. I have it on 3 with no attenuator and it is just a glorious tone.

This thing is the shiznit!!
Now the thing is - it gets better and better over the next few months as everything beds in 8)
Yessireebobtailjackrabbits! In the short space of about 3 hours, it has smoothed out, but still retained a real nice clarity. It honks like a moose!!! I love it. My fav settins are:

Presence: 6-7
Bass: 0
Middle: 10
Treble: 5-9
Vol 1: 5
Vol 2: 0

I go into the high treble input, and I adjust my guitar to taste. I usually start out on like 5 or 6 and go from there. I am running through a well broken in quad of Scumback 25 watt M's in an old Marshall 1960A.

It just sings! I mean the TONE I am getting out of this freaking thing is amazing! I have my outputs biased around 34ma, and I am experiencing no noise or weird sounds. Very cool indeed. I can't wait to throw a wah in front of it!

Will keep y'all posted but now I have to figure out how to record some clips.

THANK YOU METROAMP!
"Es gibt nichts was es nicht gibt."

jfhudak

Post by jfhudak » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Duplicate post. Sorry.
"Es gibt nichts was es nicht gibt."

gutpile
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by gutpile » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:43 pm

Nicely Done! now you get the comfort in knowing that there will NEVER be anything that goes wrong with your amp that you can't fix yourself! Waiting on some clips!! :D :D :D
Metro Clips
Amps:Metro-(JTM45,50w,'69 spec 100w,45/100,100wMV,Bluesbreaker Combo),Orig. 65BFTR
Axes:LP Custom,Am. Strat,Am. Tele,61 SGRI