Jimi Hendix's "Modded" Marshalls

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Good Guest

Re: Jimi Hendix's "Modded" Marshalls

Post by Good Guest » Sat May 26, 2012 12:14 am

So I ventured out of the EVH forums and stumbled upon this thread.... :mrgreen:

I remember when that amp went up for auction and there were pics of it ..very detailed pics...the thing that stood out to me being different from all the plexi's I seen was , instead of 470k mixer resistors they were both 270k mixer resistors. :wink: It looks like they left that part out of there write up. :palm:

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Xplorer » Tue May 29, 2012 6:27 pm

thanks for the info ! do you remember anything else ?
it's funny cause i saw a jtm 45/100 supposedly of hendrix, having the opposite : some 470k instead of some 270k ..

spaceace76
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by spaceace76 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:24 am

Good Guest wrote:So I ventured out of the EVH forums and stumbled upon this thread.... :mrgreen:

I remember when that amp went up for auction and there were pics of it ..very detailed pics...the thing that stood out to me being different from all the plexi's I seen was , instead of 470k mixer resistors they were both 270k mixer resistors. :wink: It looks like they left that part out of there write up. :palm:
they mentioned the amp was 100% period correct, which would mean that it had the early mixer values. the 470k mixers became standard later making this an early 45/100. so the fact that it has the "hendrix tone mod" aka later tonestack sort of establishes it as the right spec for the amp's time frame.

i think when we discussed this amp before we also saw some different filtering values? i don't remember...