Isle of White DVD?

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

908ssp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Isle of White DVD?

Post by 908ssp » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:51 am

What is Jimi doing when he goes behind the stacks? He does it once about half way through the concert. He goes off the side a couple times but one time he goes completely behind the stacks and continues to play the whole time. Not playing fancy just keeping the rhythm going. You can see one of the roadies pulling Jimi's curly cord so he has more slack to go behind the stack.

You'd think if had to piss he'd just do it between songs call for a short break. :roll:

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:17 am

In Foxy Lady. his pants ripped!! He went behind the stacks twice I believe to get it fixed, all the while the tune continues. A safety pin saved the day.

I think in the extra features in the DVD it's discussed a bit.

shakti

Post by shakti » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Carly is right! I think he does a split jump or something and the pants are ripped. Hilarious!

There's one moment where I think one of the amps conks out, during Machine Gun you hear some screeching sounds and you see a roadie running frenetically behind the stacks.

Herec

Post by Herec » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 pm

Yeah, just as he kinda "finds" himself, starts having a good time, his pants rip.

Isn't that how it always goes though? If I had a nickle for every time that happened...

carlygtr56
Banned

Post by carlygtr56 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:04 pm

Not the first time he split his pants either. At the Singer Bowl, Queens, NY 8/68, he split his pants and wrapped a flag around his waist!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlStoGpLL7U

908ssp

Post by 908ssp » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Ha that makes sense. I missed it just didn't catch that explanation. He wasn't really into that concert. Seemed like he was in a good enough mood just before he was going on but but kind of got bored and never really seemed to be having fun. Still even on a bad night he was amazing musician.

That Queens video was one bad trip.

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:25 pm

I feel his pain. Happened to me once, from crotch to knee. Damned fine pair of leather trousers (sorry, pants) too. Haven't worn leather since!
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

marT

Post by marT » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:59 am

Yeah he seemed very depressed that gig. At the end the way he just throws down his guitar. Just wasn't happening for him that night.

csteward

Post by csteward » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Yeah Hendrix was having lots of problems at that gig trying to get the sounds that he wanted. You can tell since he's constantly fiddling with different things. Before he starts one of the first songs, he is standing back by the amps, and his guitar is feeding back, and if you read his lips he is yelling to some one to turn him and someone else up. And then there's the moment when he chats with Mitch to tell him the situation, and then walks over to Billy to tell him the same and to get a grove going between Billy and Mitch while he goes back behind the amps to do whatever it is that he had to do(I think this is when he tears his pants). He walks back there a few other times other than when he tears his pants if I'm not mistaken. Yeah he was definitely pissed by the end of that gig, or at least very upset about the way things went. I still like the sound on Watchtower though. I actually kind of like the sound of this gig. I love it on the DVD when he asks the guy right before he goes on, "How does God Save The Queen go again?" Or something to that effect.

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:24 pm

I am convinced from having shitty AC power that that was the major problem with the IOW sound. It is depressing because all the AM/police walkie/talkie interference with his effects, ect.
I know what that sounds like. The whole sound thing is a major bummer and bright spots like In From The Storm ect., liven up things, but overall it is a depressing show, imo.
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HARLEYIII

Post by HARLEYIII » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:09 am

That show was depressing. Jimi shows always seemed to have been better when he was happy. For some reason, I think he KNEW that it wouldnt be long :cry:

Going behind the amps reminds me of the story Dimebag Darrell used to tell about having the shits on stage and having to run behind his Randalls and plop down on a bucket while trying to play :lol:
My Marshalls aint feedin' back....They're Laughin' at your Line-6

csteward

Post by csteward » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Yeah it is pretty depressing. Yngwie I had totally forgot about the Police Walkie Talkie interference during Machine Gun, thanks for reminding me. That was a big problem with gear back then wasn't it? At least he didn't pull a Nigel Tufnel when that happened.