Jimi and JBL D-120F Speakers

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

heybanna
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Jimi and JBL D-120F Speakers

Post by heybanna » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:17 am

What's the difference? If you learn the style, you can convey it thru ANY gear.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 am

yeah, that's what byron holmes and eric serra told me

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 am

... BUT ... gears of Mozart allowed him a different style. Analog Synth Gears of the 80' allowed a different style. Gears of the 60' allowed a different style ...
today, do we need new gears or what ?

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:19 am

i'll post a picture later, to make it clear : this is a caustic refraction, i saw that clearly. nothing special. it's a shadow with a refraction concentration.

"i actually saw the base of the mic ....and i really liked the "despite the metallic reflexion" ....i didn't knew a grill cloth could make a spheric metallic reflexion :lol: ... that's a real weird physic phenomenon you're talking about man , one of those which could take place in an x-files episode for sure ....."

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:32 am

Xplorer wrote:i'll post a picture later, to make it clear : this is a caustic refraction, i saw that clearly. nothing special. it's a shadow with a refraction concentration.
here we go again :roll:
first read the definitions of the scientific terms you use , caustic refraction is a refraction caused by a surface you consider like a mirror for modeling purposes , doubt a grill cloth could ever be able to concentrate light rays like a mirror does , even fender grill cloths which are far more furnished with metallic wires than sunn's diffuse light directed to them .... at best the only refraction pattern you got on a fender grill cloth is a diffused sparkle (which was originally the effect fender intended putting this grill cloths on their amps ! not blind the crowd )....
another clumsy attempt , nothing new under the sunn my friend :lol: ....
-first the guy who tempted to say the concentrated light on the grill cloth was a shadow :shock:
-second the guy who tempted to say it was the alu dust cap of the speaker ( which then would have had the dust cap placed right on the doping ) :shock:
-third and last you've got the guy trying to explain everybody that it's not necessary to buy mirror cuz you can watch your face on the palm of you hand in the morning if you wipe your ass with it strong enough right before :lol: , hiding all this pure non sense under the cover of exotic scientific terms he don't even understand :shock: ah ok man because it's " caustic " refraction , physic laws don't apply no more i guess :roll: ...ahem ...right.....if you saw it ..... it's surely an undoubtfull proof i guess... :roll:
-heck ! when will at last pop up a guy basically saying i'm an asshole and that i must stop taking LSD ? that could be friggin' good argument too no ? :lol: ...i'm still waiting ..please go on :mrgreen:

i mean can we start debunking all this mystery seriously with valuable arguments now :?:

ps ; i admit here i sound a bit harsh ...but hey .....at least it's justified... after 10 pages of the most unhonest points in history , all against the most obvious and indicative element , i'm getting a little bored i must say ....

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 am

now a nice pic for " believers " like me of the setup in bridgeport gig 1968

nice no ? what the heck is this nice sunn cab stupidly monitoring bass signal to jimi's hippy boots .. or is it a guitar cab perhaps ???? :shock: ..mm since there are great chances the sunn cab was a 16 ohms ( simply cuz jimi himself said he plugged them to his marshall heads from time to time , and you don't plug anything to any head ) ...i wouldn't venture myself to say it was a bass cab .... but hey what do i know after all

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:53 pm

SHUT UP AND LOOK
frenchie wrote:
Xplorer wrote:i'll post a picture later, to make it clear : this is a caustic refraction, i saw that clearly. nothing special. it's a shadow with a refraction concentration.
here we go again :roll:
first read the definitions of the scientific terms you use , caustic refraction is a refraction caused by a surface you consider like a mirror for modeling purposes , doubt a grill cloth could ever be able to concentrate light rays like a mirror does , even fender grill cloths which are far more furnished with metallic wires than sunn's diffuse light directed to them .... at best the only refraction pattern you got on a fender grill cloth is a diffused sparkle (which was originally the effect fender intended putting this grill cloths on their amps ! not blind the crowd )....
another clumsy attempt , nothing new under the sunn my friend :lol: ....
-first the guy who tempted to say the concentrated light on the grill cloth was a shadow :shock:
-second the guy who tempted to say it was the alu dust cap of the speaker ( which then would have had the dust cap placed right on the doping ) :shock:
-third and last you've got the guy trying to explain everybody that it's not necessary to buy mirror cuz you can watch your face on the palm of you hand in the morning if you wipe your ass with it strong enough right before :lol: , hiding all this pure non sense under the cover of exotic scientific terms he don't even understand :shock: ah ok man because it's " caustic " refraction , physic laws don't apply no more i guess :roll: ...ahem ...right.....if you saw it ..... it's surely an undoubtfull proof i guess... :roll:
-heck ! when will at last pop up a guy basically saying i'm an asshole and that i must stop taking LSD ? that could be friggin' good argument too no ? :lol: ...i'm still waiting ..please go on :mrgreen:

i mean can we start debunking all this mystery seriously with valuable arguments now :?:

ps ; i admit here i sound a bit harsh ...but hey .....at least it's justified... after 10 pages of the most unhonest points in history , all against the most obvious and indicative element , i'm getting a little bored i must say ....
I used to render pictures for Mr. Jean Nouvel ( Pritzker price ) , as an architect so i know what i'm talking about. architecture, conception, 3d models, 3d water modelisations, rendering ...
just shadow and caustics !!!!! it's been ten pages that you still don't understand !!!!
Attachments
caustic chrome.jpg
caustic chrome.jpg (146.19 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
9.jpg
(203.38 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
8.jpg
(212.92 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
7.jpg
(166.37 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
6.jpg
(235.79 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
5.jpg
(190.13 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
4.jpg
(171.2 KiB) Downloaded 642 times
3.jpg
(124.49 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
2.jpg
(232.31 KiB) Downloaded 640 times
1.jpg
(167.72 KiB) Downloaded 638 times

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:56 pm

my prefered caustics : water caustics
Attachments
caustics.jpg
(393.43 KiB) Downloaded 640 times

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:14 pm

funny ....you just proved you made a trap by launching and idea you knew the answer , patiently waiting (two days !! you'd have posted your "proof" two days ago if it wasn't clearly aimed against me ), that i fall on the trap , to prove you were right and have the "right" to punch me , saying gentle things as "shut up " , etc so i look like an ass ..the only thing you just proved is that you are a machiavelic asshole who has a tooth against me cuz i dislike johnny halliday and am proud of it , but you seem to take a big pleasure at it ..... that's the only thing you just proven , spending near 6 month of patient photo analysis to debunk sloppily only one tiny of my points , such an amount of energy waisted , man you must hate me , behind your apparently civil attitude !! .... still you don't have proven the guitar signal wasn't feed through the sunn cab ....
know what , i knew you wouldn't have posted such a post i you hadn't have beef to back it up , i went in just to make you look like the revenge fanatic asshole you are ....
reassure you man ...you're the king of internet :lol:

but the whole beef is still here ...the sunn cab is a guitar cab ... the impedances of the whole rig teaches this ....

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 pm

still i know what caustic means ....and on all of your pics the refaction of light follows the pattern of the reflexive surface .... i don't see a reflexive surface on the stage close enough and round enough to appear like a metallic ball on the surface of the grill cloth which souldn't normally refract any light even after a refraction , should have i saw it ? considering i don't have any capture software on my laptop ?..you're splitting hairs on my supposed stupidity ..... contrary to you i don't take it as a competition of ultimate geeking

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 pm

easy asshole d'sa mère, you're a little bit paranoiac i've forgot my post of two days ago, and i've spent a nice week end with this nice sun we have in france right now. i saw a post later, in the hendrix section, what's new ? frenchie who doesn't like johnny ( and i don't care of you and johnny at all ) posted an answer. stupid answer ...
i've just posted some pictures that i have here, at home, not where i've posted this message two days ago.
méchant ! méchant xplorer ! ha ha ha ha ha ! nasty xplorer !
i can't believe what i'm reading ! you're in a deep paranoiac crisis ! ha ha ha ha ! ridicule.
t'es vraiment trop con, calme toi un peu .
i believe you anyway, these speakers are shiny and should be jbl in some cabs, but not all of them.
what i strongly think, is that there were 6550 , oriented cabs, and on many other videos of the concert, i can analyse the way he moves, to catch some sustain and feeback in some parts. our very clever and talented jimi certainly could have managed such experimentation ( i mean , he was a master at it ).

on this point, the shadow of jimi's vocal mic, it was so evident, and i just wanted to share my observation.

and man, you don't need a reflexive surface to see caustics : especially not ... it just catchs the refraction and reflection of a reflexive object, do you understand ?

if there's a caustic refraction on the grill clote, then there's a reflexive object somewhere.
casse couille ce mec !

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:34 pm

and anyway, you've got your anwser, you can see the vocal mic shadow going from the bottom of it, to the cab surface.

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 pm

you should slow down a bit ....your first posts are still there ... if you didn't care at all about johnny i wonder how we "met" so harshly the first time .... and i don't believe you forgot your post ...you're just shamelessly lying man...
sufficient to look at your all out agressivity in this post to see ... paranoid see things that don't exist , you're agressivity is there from the beginning we met .... i should also tell you to try to make a soo concentrated caustic refraction on a matte surface that it looks like flat out metallic ...you 'll have a refraction right ...but good luck to make it look like a metallic reflexion like on my pause time on the video ......
Last edited by frenchie on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Xplorer wrote: i believe you anyway, these speakers are shiny and should be jbl in some cabs, but not all of them.

!
the sunn cab is loaded with 15' drivers , simply because jimi's sunn cabs were 2X15 .....the sunn cab can only be loaded with jbl D130f which was a 15' driver ....there surely aren't any 12 greenback drivers in the sunn cab nor 15jbl drivers in a marshall 4X12 ....what's the interest of raising up such a point ? it's useless

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 pm

oh man ...
i don't care about johnny and you, and please calm down, you're not well placed to critic the aggressivity of the others.
you first commented what i said on johnny, and now you're not happy with this observation i'm doing on the mic shadow and caustics.

if this cab wasn't miced like you said ... so what ??? we don't care.
all we can see is that the "mic" on this cab, is a shadow of jimi's vocal mic. so evident. now please share some more interesting things and theorys about this concert and the gears, you're doing well sometimes.

we still have things to discover, with what we have. and as i'm a nice guy, take a look at everything they have at crosstown torrent, it should give you some fuel for some new observations.

about the sunn cabs : i have the modesty to say : I DON'T KNOW !!! maybe you're right, i'd have to analyse it like you did to have a thought on it.