Saw Experience Hendrix tour

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone seaker
Just the numbers in order: 7

Saw Experience Hendrix tour

Post by Tone seaker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:36 am

I saw the Experience Hendrix tour and it was a amazing show. 3.5 hours of nonstop Hendrix songs by great players. If you get a chance see it. I met Bill Cox and got my Band of Gypsys CD Autographed by Billy. I already had it signed by Buddy Miles. Now I got both on it :D
Last edited by Tone seaker on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xplorer

Re: Saw Experience Hendrix tour

Post by Xplorer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm

great ! very cool !
i discussed briefly once with Billy, i asked several stuffs about jimi's gears etc, band of gypsys ...
he as kind to answer me : less technical, more spiritual ^^
i thanked him and answered that i had to build my gears or i'd have nothing to play with, while jimi had jim marshall to build his amps, roger mayer to tweak his effects, eddie kramer to record him etc . ha ha ;)
a cool guy.

which players did you see ?

YMI5150?
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by YMI5150? » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:05 pm

I saw it 2 years ago in Durham NC (holy $hit, I can't believe its been 2 years already) and it was amazing! Living Colour was off the chain! so was Jonny Lang . Satch was out of place in my opinion. A must see show though if you get the chance.

Cheers

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:48 pm

It was great Eric Johnson wailed so did Kenny Wayne Shepherd. He can really wail. Dwezel Zappa, Johnny Lang, Brad Whitford (Aerosmith) he tore it up to, Los Lobos, Doyle Bramall played the 12 string acoustic Hear my Train, Robert Randolf. Bill Cox and his band. The second song was machine gun I could not believe it. It was incredible. Three and a half hours non stop. tone galore from plexis and old fenders. Chris Layton played the drums non stop for three and a half hours. It really brought back all the great songs Hendrix did and reminded me what a master player he was. They played all his intricut songs as well as the jammers. They didn't repeat any songs. :)