What do YOU think is the best hendrix pickups?

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: What do YOU think is the best hendrix pickups?

Post by Lefty Lou » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Xplorer wrote:You have no excuses. Stop talking of things you think you know. You don't.
Get back to the pickups subject, or wathever, but if you need to be here, respect this forum and its members.
Regarding me, there's no way to my eyes that you may shine anymore by any way with what you've show of you.

I was on point until the thread took a turn and you started questioning everything that was said. " If you need to be here, respect this forum and its members. " You need to take some of your own advice and stop being such a smart ass, and be humble enough to realize that others may have more (knowledgeable/insight) than you when it comes to guitar related subjects. Also, people shouldn't have to qualify everything they say to you, that kind of mentality makes me want to slap somebody up the back of the head. I didn't take an attitude with you until you started pushing buttons, so get off your high horse and stick to the subject and get on with it.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:44 pm

i pushed absolutely no buttons, you imagined it, ( and if it really as the case, when instead i thought interesting the picture without source of this maple neck , who cares ?? )now please stop this show.
be humble enough to realize that others may have more (knowledgeable/insight) than you when it comes to guitar related subjects

sure ... but you were talking about Vichy and De Gaulle. you visibly don't know shit about the history, and you had an unforgivable move with your very bad insults and attitude of teenage toward me, linking me to such awful part of the history, reversed and rebuild by mr lefty lu. i think that you don't realize how far you went, maybe because nobody taught you. please, not my problem anymore .. i'm not here for that. The subject was .... Hendrix pickups, not "lefty lu's paranoid.. And needs to do a dumb show"

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:44 pm

All this *****in' and moanin' and pitchin' a fit Get over it, get over it - "Glen Frey"

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:54 pm

"Les cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait."
Jacques Audiard

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhO0fitW7A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - "Burl Ives"

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:14 pm

now, theactor : did you buy any pickups yet ?

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Lefty Lou wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhO0fitW7A - "Burl Ives"
there's a special french bashing thread there ;

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=39137" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

why don't you join the party man !

i don't understand this shit , ok you don't like the guy , so be it , then label him as an asshole if you like , why the imperious need to slander his nationality before everything else ??

seriously this whole " french are pompous commies cowards 3 gears backwards shifting unable to play guitar frog eating wine producers and heavy stinky drinkers" cliché popping up in here lately like red knobs on the face of a geeky teenager has lived ... if only you knew the number of those "cliché buttons " we could push aggressively too , you would be pretty astounded , and so far ours would be historically right ... but this is getting boring and unproductive ... i mean , travel man ... :palm:

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 am

... And the guy is like 40 - 50 years old from what i understand. Amazing ...
He should know that he's playing electronic guitars ( the right name actualy ) , thanks to a friend of my family, a french, who invented the electric guitar pickup. Still alive. made amps and pickups for his friends django reinhardt, les paul ...

Yes he should travel a bit.

Hopeless.
Last edited by Xplorer on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:19 am

.........oh! I came to this thread to think about Hendrixy pick ups! :what:
Neil

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 pm

me too ...

yladrd61

Post by yladrd61 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:23 am

If there are base plates on your pickups take them off !!! Especially if you want your Strat to sound anything like Jimi !!! :jimi: Especially if you are using a fuzz face and a Marshall Super Lead, Ice Pick in the ear and Feedback City !!! Jimi didn't have no Fuckin baseplates !!!!
Last edited by yladrd61 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:26 am

please, what do you mean about the base plates ? i can't represent to myself what it looks like. all i can see is two plates holding the wire and the poles together..

bill bokey
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by bill bokey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:45 pm

How about Bareknuckle's Mother's Milk ?
https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/p ... thers_milk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I played them on a Road Worn Strat through a Randy Rhoads signature Superlead but I thought I sounded quite good and although I never playe an actual 60's CBS strat I thought it was quite close to the sounds I heard on records.

yladrd61

Post by yladrd61 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Some pickup makers put a metal base plate on the bottom of their pickups to increase their output, they work ok on a clean fender amp but with a fuzz face and a cranked Marshall Super Lead they create uncontrollable howling feedback :hairband:

theactor19

Post by theactor19 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Xplorer wrote:now, theactor : did you buy any pickups yet ?
haha, nope not yet. Still figuring it out.
http://www.GuitarToneTalk.com - Tone Tips, Pedal Reviews, Amp Reviews, Guitar Reviews. Helping you get amazing tone.