People, Hell and Angels

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Electricdaveyboy
Just the numbers in order: 7

People, Hell and Angels

Post by Electricdaveyboy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 am

What do you guys think?

Tone Slinger

Re: People, Hell and Angels

Post by Tone Slinger » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 am

Is there anything real rare or unheard on it ?
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by AJW » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:02 pm

It is what it is. I'm enjoying it. Some of these riffs and lyrics become other songs released elsewhere. There is enough good stuff on here to make it worth while for a Jimi Hendrix fan. I'm definitely in that category! :jimi:

Electricdaveyboy

Post by Electricdaveyboy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:20 am

Yes,
they say that the material has never been released before.
I hear the record sounds verry modern and I think the production is spot on the actual taste.Like it ! :jimi:

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:52 pm

I hear that the version of Crash Landing is the original, not the disco rhythm section one we had before..
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Electricdaveyboy wrote:Yes,
I hear the record sounds verry modern and I think the production is spot on the actual taste.Like it ! :jimi:
Hmm...I'll have to check it out. Fun to see Billy Cox and Buddy Guy with Chris Layton, Mato Nanjin of Indigenous, Brad Whitford, etc. in this "Experience Hendrix" band playing "Red House"...Billy Cox can really sing!

Would this be Electric Dave of New York City? Lance Lopez is a buddy of mine and I've seen you on his Facebook and MySpace pages...Nice to have you here, regardless of who you are:)

spaceace76

Post by spaceace76 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Electricdaveyboy wrote:Yes,
Actually, I've received a ton of emails from Experience Hendrix about this album, and they seem to be trying to market this as an album that Jimi would have put out if he had the chance. Not only do i find this notion laughable, it's downright disrespectful and ignorant.

I always appreciate these releases. Even tidbits of unreleased Jimi material is interesting. But this is not a substantial release, at least not at face value. Most songs on here are available elsewhere, even in the EH catalog. Two songs are alternate versions of songs from 2010's Valleys of Neptune. That album always felt to me as though they wanted to present it as Jimi's next work, but for whatever reason they weren't as bold with that releases' marketing as they are with P,H,and A.

I have yet to listen to this album, as I am quite busy this semester with school, and I have my own reservations about it's quality. They typically hand over most of the work to Eddie Kramer and a few others from Jimi's recording days, so the material is usually nothing to fear. However this time around I find myself wondering how long EH intends to release albums under the guise of a dead rock star. They don't come out and say it, but you are almost left to believe that this collection of songs has some sort of validation from Jimi himself. I would rather they just remixed and mastered a huge slew of titles and released them as a box set. these little chunks masquerading as fake albums rub me the wrong way.

I'm just a bit tired of Janie's bullshit marketing and capitalization of Hendrix's work. She tries her best to distract from the fact that she isn't a blood relative, nor did she interact with Jimi while he was alive. She never knew this man yet claims that his legacy is in good hands under her control. Whitewashing the finer details of his life away, remixing classics, serving up these albums that are just small collections, Jimi hendrix golf balls, Jimi Hendrix wine!!! the list of infractions in his name is endless, and they all point to the same thing: Janie just wants your cash.

needless to say I happily downloaded this album, and I suggest you guys do the same. if anyone needs a copy, shoot me a pm.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:50 pm

spaceace76 wrote: I'm just a bit tired of Janie's bullshit marketing and capitalization of Hendrix's work.
bullshit...PERIOD! :x
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

Tenderfoot

Post by Tenderfoot » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks "spaceace76", I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 am

Women ..... :lol:

Some day they'll put on "albums" all the rehearsals and home works of hendrix, pretending it's the 40th album he wanted to do if he wasn't murdered. It's a double murder and rape of jimi.
I like this motown funky hendrix title though.
If they do posthume "albums" , ok for a while but at some point : stop ! Let it to the pirate records field and collectors ^^
i don't appreciate their "it's my legacy" stuff... Fuck no ! Fuck you ! It's jimi's legacy !

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Yeah there is something that has always creeped me out about the cash-in aspects of Janie's management of the estate and most of the things that have been put out there from so many different sources to make money of of Jimi. I think that Priscilla Presley managed the Elvis estate in a much classier way (if that is even possible considering all the junk that has Elvis' name on it). It is tough to relate to being in the position that Janie is in, but I can't help but think that there have been some questionable marketing strategies for this stuff...

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm

yes, like this gibson guitars/hendrix project ... total marketting.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 pm

An old hippy bass player buddy of mine played a tape he has from the late '60's of Hendrix playing somewhere in Iowa(?). It's an audience recording he got from his brother who was there, but it doesn't sound too bad and it's definitely Hendrix playing. Thought about converting it to WAV or MP3 and posting it for whoever wants it... :jimi: :rock: :rocker: :rockon:

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 am

Oh ! good idea ! i'd love to hear it if you'd be willing to share it :toast:
maybe a wav file, with the option to download it, on soundcloud ?

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Bad luck- we were listening to it before converting from cassette to WAV and we heard "vinyl noise". After a quick check on Google, we found out the 1968 Hendrix Cole Ballroom Davenport, IA was a bootleg someone gave my friend's brother, and he mistakenly thought it was an unpublished audience recording. :palm: It's been out for years :lol: Still, the playing is good if you haven't heard it yet... :jimi: :listen: