CAUTION!! Handle with care!

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

evhguitars
Just the numbers in order: 7

CAUTION!! Handle with care!

Post by evhguitars » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:41 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMXURxv0xqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tone Slinger

Re: CAUTION!! Handle with care!

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Killer :rock: The way I remember it was that Hendrix gave it to Mitch to welcome Mitch's first child (as was the tune 'Belly Button Window'). Mitch had it from '70 to '90.

I also liked the Dweezil Zappa vid (Norms guitars). That was the Sunburst strat that Hendrix used when he wasnt using the White one, and by White one I mean the rosewood board one. Hendrix had the white and sunburst,large headstock (pre 'stratocaster' logo) rosewood fingerboard strats from mid '67 to late summer/fall '68. The sunburst met its end (initially) in Miami. Frank got it. The white one had its neck broke, but hendrix kept it (he obviously liked its tone; it was the main one used on 'Axis' and ElectricLadyland). Hendrix had aquired the Black/maple neck (BOG) and white/maple neck(Woodstock) by Sept. or Oct. '68. The rosewood board white strat had its broken neck replaced with the maple Tele neck at some point in '69, cause it was used at New Port or San Jose I believe .

The white 'Axis'/Electric LadyLand' strat is my favorite strat of Jimi's. Wonder if it still around in someway, fashion or form ?
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

evhguitars

Post by evhguitars » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:49 am

Good thing by the way they handled this one that they did not drop it and break the neck!
I mean, why didn't they at least use the floor put the mic down and show a little respect the original owner and his guitar and then take the guitar out of the case? Wow!!!!
Holding the mic in one hand, and with the case in the lap, while taking one of most iconic guitars in the other hand.!!! Incredible!!

Mitch states that this one was Jimi's favorite and that the smashing of strats started as sort of a standing joke between the band..
Last edited by evhguitars on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:25 am

what does this motherfucker does to the white strat !!! :evil: :evil:
he 'll drop it on the floor !!!! mamma miaaaa !!!!
mitch ! Watch for him !!!

the dumb guy from the fender custom shop also later declared that when they were replicating this white strat, he had the good idea ..... to cut the original strings on it !!!!!

poor guitar, she lost her master. I saw her in Seattle.

garbeaj
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by garbeaj » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:00 am

Does anybody know what the serial number is on this guitar (The "Woodstock" strat)? I know the serial numbers were probably not sequential, but it would be interesting (for me at least) to compare Hendrix's serial number to mine...(most of y'all know I have a 1968 Olympic White (now yellow) strat exactly like the Woodstock strat).

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:18 am

i see some strats bought in 1968. some : i don't have the serial.

black : 285705 fender LH ( ? ) , sold at sothebys in 1988
white : 240981 the Woodstock strat.
sunburst : 244458
sunburst : 40281 ( exposed at the hard rock café dallas, sold by velvet turner )
black : 222625 , the famous black BOG strat.
Last edited by Xplorer on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:21 am

Hendrix had a Inca Silver/rosewood finger board strat he played a couple of times in '68 (it was large headstock,but no 'stratocaster' logo,only 'Fender').
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 pm

can some one translate it thanks :)