Band of Gypsys

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Band of Gypsys

Post by Xplorer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Thats so close it makes me really think BOG is EL -34's
did you try the 6550 mod ?

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Xplorer wrote:
Thats so close it makes me really think BOG is EL -34's
did you try the 6550 mod ?
No i only have one Marshall a 1968 Super Trem Plexi split cathode. Im not gona mod it. Just saying the amp he uses in the video is a stock 69 super lead and it nails BOG

daveweyer
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by daveweyer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Tone, it looks like some folks think the tone is all stock with EL34s and others think it's modded amps with 6550s.
How will we ever find out? Do you think that if someone did a West Coast mod on an SL and then played it right along side of a purely stock SL that anyone could agree on which sounded more like the actual performance? Or would it all boil down to a matter of opinion even with the empirical evidence right on the table?

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 pm

No i only have one Marshall a 1968 Super Trem Plexi split cathode. Im not gona mod it. Just saying the amp he uses in the video is a stock 69 super lead and it nails BOG
the tone in the video doesn't fully nail BOG, it's not true. If you won't mod it then you can't know .. indeed, if you put aside of this Super trem EL34 a west coast mod amp, you might find that the first one may be good but doesn't nail it as much. our clips we've posted can't yell it enough, you should try it yourself, it's very interesting.
till then, you can't come to definitive conclusions just because this clip or your amp sound quite close. i know what you mean.

this afternoon i played along the royal albert hall concert and wow, it was 1000000000 % exactly it. same for bog or Woodstock , a matter of fuzz type, settings, playing ...