setting the record strait on Jimi's Strat and gear

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone seaker
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: setting the record strait on Jimi's Strat and gear

Post by Tone seaker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Keep up the insults Dave it just makes you less credible. You say we never met Jimi and i agree for me i did not. I have however studied every thing Hendrix possible for the last 45 years, You claim you did but yet never prove it. I do back up all my arguments with hard evidence and you have provided none. Its clear that some of the amps went to west coast and maybe had 6550's in them which i was believing but when you took it to a whole new level saying all these things you did with Jimi and your perfect memory of his amp settings seeing them on stage one time yet remembering the setting 45 years latter was a huge red flag. When you said he love this guild amp which I have one of and is a pile of crap that Jimi would never own or use was also a huge red flag along with you modding Roger Mayers pedal and calling Eddie Kramer a liar. You took something possible and ran with it to boost you ego and see how far you could go. You think people are so hungry for anything Jimi they are blind and some here are. You have taken advantage of that but unfortunately for you some of us are skeptical, You have been caught, Go ahead get your friends to make accounts here claiming there the guys that did all this. It still wont prove there who they are. If you read this topic there are two people besides my self that question some of this BS

daveweyer
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by daveweyer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Tone, isn't this just going around and around and getting nowhere?
You've got nothing and you've proved nothing. You're not skeptical, you think you know it all. You started the name calling and nothing has moved. Where do you think this will get you, or the readers of the forum for that matter?

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:34 pm

daveweyer wrote:Tone, isn't this just going around and around and getting nowhere?
You've got nothing and you've proved nothing. You're not skeptical, you think you know it all. You started the name calling and nothing has moved. Where do you think this will get you, or the readers of the forum for that matter?
yes it is going around and around i started a new thread to stop that and clean it up but you keep comming and watering it down with all the back and forths trying to bury the truth so no one will read it back on page one. Again i proved every thing you prove nothing. i just dont see how you cant see that considering you put fort ZERO EVIDENCE and i put forth evidence. Can you just stop now

stratcat

Post by stratcat » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:40 pm

LOL Call me whatever you like. Proud to be FIRST calling you out on your TOTAL BULLSHIT on this forum. I knew you were FULL OF SHIT in the GP article. Filed fret, my ass.

Roger Mayer told me Jimi dimed the fuzz. There was no re-amping. You are a HORSE SHIT artist. Banned? From what? This mis-informed forum full of douching lemmings, listening to the likes of you? George ALREADY lost thousand in my business cause of this dump forum and his jag0off moderators. :palm:

Roe

Post by Roe » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:41 am

shakti wrote:I wish to stay out of this stupid pissing contest, but will only say +1 to everything Tazin said.
+ 2 on this. Also, I fail to see that the notched fret is important for the hendrix tone
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 am

Roe wrote:
shakti wrote:I wish to stay out of this stupid pissing contest, but will only say +1 to everything Tazin said.
+ 2 on this. Also, I fail to see that the notched fret is important for the hendrix tone
the notched frett is not important. Catching Dave in a lie is because i makes you wonder what elese is a lie possibly all of the things he claims. Once a liar always a liar.

I did not want a pissing contest. i wanted for the sake of the forum to question what has been put out by Dave as i do. We should always question any ones claims in the quest for Jimi's tone as we want to get it right

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 am

Sorry folks, I'm far too slammed with real life issues right now to play referee here. Locking it down.

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...