Gay Hendrix

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone seaker
Just the numbers in order: 7

Gay Hendrix

Post by Tone seaker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 pm

This guy is arguing with me on face book saying Hendrix faked beine gay to get out of the military and he did not have a ankle injury and that his father was a son of a b that beat him all the time. He basis his stuff on this book. Room full of mirrors. I have read every thing possible for decades about Hendrix and never heard any of this gay or father beating. What do you all think. Thks :)

https://www.amazon.com/Room-Full-Mirror ... raphy+book

daveweyer
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Gay Hendrix

Post by daveweyer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Tone,
I do know about the beatings, and I do know that Al was not Jimi's dad. I have just gotten an earful on the battles within the family from the Hendrix Family Foundation; they have asked me to become a member. You should read the book and then compare notes.
I never knew Jimi to be bisexual, he sure didn't sound like it when we talked; it was all about the girls.
I'm getting the rest of the story from the foundation, and that's surprising enough. Leon is part of the foundation and has quite a bit to say on the subject. In spite of the beatings, Al was fond of Jimi.
There are two camps to the death story, and the foundation does not think it was an accident. Neither does Tappy Wright.
As I am finding out by writing my little corner of history with Jimi, there is a lot of mystery to the whole episode, and a lot of the stories don't jive.
I'd take the book with a grain of salt until you can verify the claims and motives for those involved.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:01 pm

daveweyer wrote: I do know that Al was not Jimi's dad.
where did you get that Al was not Jimi's Dad. Every thing i have ever read and seen for 45+ years say Al was his dad. :)

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:20 pm

I got that directly from the foundation. Leon says that he and Jimi had different dads, but neither of them were Al. Al had some genetic mixup, and all four of his kids have some genetic problems; check out Joseph's interviews on the net and you can see the results, and hear about it in his own words. Those kids were given up because Al couldn't deal with their special needs.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:52 am

Is it possible these claims are just to try and get control of the estate. This is very hard to believe considering that his heritage only now 45 years after his death changes when it was claimed Al was his father and Leon half brother by them till now, You got a link :)

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:02 pm

Anything is possible. I'm just now getting to know the foundation and its purpose. I may get a chance to talk with Leon in person if what they are saying is true. For now, it's all just bewildering to me because there is so much information to digest; the story is tangled and huge.

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:56 pm

I did just talk to the foundation and was reassured that Jimi and his offspring have Lucille's DNA, not Al's.
Leon also has Lucille's DNA. I was told that Al just pretended to be Jimi's dad at the hospital, and the hospital wrote the birth certificate as such. The same thing happened with Leon. This is why there were no adoption papers. All the family history is coming from Leon, although I understand that Leon has told different stories depending on the circumstances. I'm just hearing all this for the first time, so strictly an outsider. Kind of mind blowing............

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Hard to believe it. Leon was cut out all his life and very possibly trying to cut the others out now and get the very valuable estate. It does not change my mind. How would he even know? Who would have told him? His mother (luciel) that he really did not know?

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:32 pm

The way it was explained to me was that Leon is not entitled to the estate contained in Experience Hendrix; that's run by Janie, and only folks with Al's DNA are allowed to share the benefits of that, except for Janie of course. That was set up in Al's will. For Leon, Al set up a foundation, a 501C I think; that is currently run by Joe Rosignolo and has nothing to do with Experience Hendrix, in fact they appear to be enemies. Janie has apparently sued the foundation a few times, to no avail.
Leon apparently got into some financial trouble with the foundation and was legally separated from it, so he's just out there hanging from what I understand. The foundation would like to reinstate him somehow, but the terms of that are not worked out yet.
Leon's story about not being Al's was formulated as a child, and was apparently common knowledge within the family. The foundation has done DNA testing; so they are relying on that and the family history to make their determination about Al's offspring.
I do know that the foundation determined that a Texas girl named Jasmine is Jimi's daughter, they tested her DNA and found she is Lucille's grandchild. They told me they have found two others so far they believe are Jimi's.
I only know what I have been told, and am a complete outsider just listening to this stuff for the first time. Like I said, pretty outrageous revelations. The only reason they are talking to me is because they found out I made wah pedals and other equipment for Jimi through the sale of the Woodstock wah; they called me to talk about doing some Jimi history and maybe duplicating the pedal for the foundation.
Since then I have been getting an earful of family dynamics.
Maybe a REAL family history would be good for the Jimi community. I just wonder if anybody actually knows what is real anymore, there are just so many different stories.

Bannny

Post by Bannny » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Wow. I recall seeing an interview with one of Jimi's brother's (not Leon), and he looked like Jimi but his facial features were oversized and deformed. I have only seen him interviewed once, and it seems like he is kept hidden. I believe what you say about Al's DNA problem.

Very sad, and while it is really only the family's business, it is interesting to Hendrix fans because it must have contributed to the psyche of one of the greatest artists in modern history (and I don't throw that accolade around lightly).

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:58 am

i'm very surprised. al and jimi and leon really have some shared expressions and facial similaritys.
and now there's a second brother to jimi and Leon ?

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:56 pm

not sure what to believe considering there is a lot of money involved :)

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Xplorer wrote:i'm very surprised. al and jimi and leon really have some shared expressions and facial similaritys.
and now there's a second brother to jimi and Leon ?
I agree with Xplorer, I definately see physical similarities between Al and Jimi. It's a shame about the estate's bickering and lack of true understanding (of Jimi and his legacy). Most other 'Great' artists/musicians have family that are at, near or Above their own intelligence, so when they are gone things get sorted properly in accordance of love, respect and the Legacy's true direction (Randy Rhoads is an example of this).

Unfortunately Prince is another example of what happens when there wasn't really any true love and concern (amongst family). To me, regardless of the greed of the heirs, it is even MORE sad when the family (like Hendix' and Prince) just dont 'get it'(understand) about the music/art.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

FL6

Post by FL6 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:20 pm

A google search of his army discharge papers shows the reasons why he was kicked out. Assuming these papers are accurate it mentions him getting caught masturbating so I think that's where it might've been misconstrued as homosexuality. I mean back then if you smoked dope you were the devil and if you jacked off you were gay.

But yeah never anything about Jimi being gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:46 am

I don't claim to have the world's best 'gaydar', but what I've seen and heard of Jimi through out my life (without meeting him of course), says he was a kind, but mischievous ladies man... If he was the least bit gay, you would've heard Little Richard say something about it in his recollections... :scratch: :jimi: