Electric Ladyland UK First Pressing Misprint

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

rs0675
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Electric Ladyland UK First Pressing Misprint

Post by rs0675 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:11 am

Hey guys and gals,

I have an issue: last month I bought an Stereo UK First Pressing of Jimi Hendrix’ “Electric Ladyland” on an record fair.

As you know the double album has Side A and Side D on one LP and Side B and Side C on the second record.

A couple of days ago I wanted to listen to it and discovered, that despite correct labels Side A is missing but therefore Side D is featured TWICE (on both sides) on that one LP!

Now I am wondering what this thing is. Is it really worth something or could I simply dump it? I was thinking about going to the next record fair tomorrow and try to find the vendor and get my money back.

I couldn’t find anything about this misprint on the internet. Maybe there were more of them and they all have been dumped or destroyed over the years? I’m not certain if the vendor was aware of it, if he betrayed me or lied to me (as he told me it would be the best sounding pressing of all of them existing). Do y'all have any advice concerning this behalf? Maybe anybody interested in this album?

rs0675