Help on mounting Heyboer OT to 1959xl chasis

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

GtrBarbarian

Help on mounting Heyboer OT to 1959xl chasis

Post by GtrBarbarian » Mon May 03, 2004 1:39 am

Hi all,

I am replacing both the choke and OT on my plexi reissue (2004 xl) as I am putting a PTP board in.

I have a Mercury Magnetics 10H choke and a Heyboer OT, and neither are direct replacements size wise...is this normal? I hate to hack up my chassis to install these.... The main problem is with the OT, the Heyboer is WAY larger than the Dagnall that I am replacing, in fact it is the size of my Dagnall PT. I can tell from the wiring however that it is an OT... If I put it in the usual place, I will have to remove the tube retainers to fit it. Also if I ever want to use KT88s, I am sca-rewed.... I could switch the position of the choke and OT, but this seems ODD!!

Advice is needed here.... Thanks

flemingmras
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by flemingmras » Mon May 03, 2004 8:49 am

Hey there! My name is Jon and I am very experienced with amps(I've already built 2 of George's kits without any diagrams and am about to start on my 3rd).

I need you to give me a call so that I can possibly talk this over the phone with you. I haven't yet messed with the SLP RI so I don't know exactly how the chassis is layed out quite yet but Jim Fleming(dad99_2000) has successfully completed his P2P/Heyboer OT mod on his RI and it worked out great.

So call me (734)777-1486 and I'll go ahead and walk you through everything.

Jon
There's just that fine line between stupid and clever - Nigel Tufnel

dad99_2000

Post by dad99_2000 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:41 pm

I should say that we did have to drill new holes for the OT it was no big deal just be shure to slowly drill thorugh and start with a small bit then move up to bigger ones the big ones wont grab the metal.