Help please with resonance mod

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

tone?
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Help please with resonance mod

Post by tone? » Tue May 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Can anyone please help me with these two resonance circuits?

This is for my Bogner Helios.

The first one is a stock Helios resonance circuit and the second is a mod of the first done by Bogner for me.

I basically wanted to have the option of taking the depth completely out of the circuit and have the 1 meg pot as only a variable negative feedback knob.
I had Bogner add two choices on a three way switch of depth a .0022 and .0047 cap.
The mod sounds great when the depth caps are bypassed and only the variable negative feedback is used. But when I choose to add depth ( either the .0022 or .0047caps) the amp gets considerably dark.
I thought the depth cap options would work like the first circuit but it sounds darker.
Can anyone tell me what’s different as far as how the depth is used in the first circuit compared to the second and why it’s so dark ?
And maybe what to do on the second circuit to address the depth being so dark sounding?

Thank you !

niki12345
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Help please with resonance mod

Post by niki12345 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:45 am

AVG Retail is the best Antivirus programming which is accessible on avg.com/retail , gives the total http://avg.com-retail.net/ suite of highlights which can verify your computerized on the web and disconnected work of the framework or gadgets.