fake mustards

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

crumb

Re: fake mustards

Post by crumb » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:44 pm

" They could be fake"

hahaaa

:clap:

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am

lets have a look at how Nicholas mis-quotes people ..

"I never said anything that wasn't my opinion in this thread. They could be fake Taz but truthfully I dont think you are qualified or have the experience to have made this conclusion especially at the age you are. "

- So, you ARE qualified? the guy who has never worked on an amp that has astron capacitors ? ...the guy who has 400 of these fake caps but refuses to check if they're fake ( oh, we all know you've checked Nicholas)

" They look they same and they are indistinguishable under autopsy is all you said.
The rusted out uncared for ones fell apart while the clean ones were solid when dissected is all I took from your month of utter garbage."

- Indistinguishable? pls point out the post where I state that Nicholas..i think i have to tell you, on the internet you can actually go back and check what people have stated on forums. just click on prior page links on this page.
- rusted out? what drugs do you take Nicholas...who has stated that they're rusted out?...they're oxidised...oxygen is acidic, did you know that Nicholas?

Nicholas, everybody here is waiting for you to post that you have actually repeated my experiment,and my findings were wrong.
Why haven't you done that .hmm?

FourT6and2
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by FourT6and2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:36 pm

crumb wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am
oxygen is acidic
:palm:

axeman

Post by axeman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:22 pm

Oxygen is an oxidizer and accelerates metal to rust.

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:25 pm

The leads on these caps are tin-plated copper. Tin does not form iron oxide (rust) and neither does copper. Also oxygen is not an acid.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm

" Oxygen is just an element. Combined with suitable other elements, it can make acidic molecules such as Carboxylic acids"

- I got this from google.
When oxygen is combined with the hard coating of these caps, it makes it go soft.
Last time I checked, there's oxygen everywhere.

The most defining deterioration element of my little theory however, I think, is the mylar going soft.
According to Nicholas, if you can read between the lines in his defence ( he very much has made himself the lawyer for these criminals making these turds), If the capacitors have been kept warm in blankets, in heated rooms and wrapped in cotton wool and sung lullabies to every night, they'll be in perfect new condition today fifty years later.

The mylar, or mylar like material that acts as a dialectric in these capacitors is just proprietary plastic. Plastic goes off.
That's it. no more explanation needed.
Just look at any plastic from the seventies or sixties, it's all soft, or crumbly or cracked. You, me, Nicholas, none of us can change that fact,
Lullabies and heated climate controlled rooms can't change that.
It ' rots' from the inside out, then the ends slowly detach from the centre of the cap because the outer coating is going off too and shrinking.
In ten years, they'll all be cracked.
So Nicholas, what are the results of YOUR little autopsy..you've got 400 of them and you've shown far from ' zero interest', in fact you seem extremely interested, further examination from you is only logical considering you've been stuck on this thread like shit on a blanket for one month.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:55 pm

FourT,

" The leads on these caps are tin-plated copper "

No, they're not.
- Next.

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:00 pm

They're tin clad tiddies. Not capable of rusting. Only bouncing. Oxygen is copper-soaked acid.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:25 pm

ok, the amp you have there that is full of fake caps may have copper leads covered with tin, real mustards don't.
i'm sorry for your loss.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:41 pm

i've just found a leg off the original mustard, hooked into it with a file, and it does appear that it's copper, but it's hard to see for sure, or photograph.
I may be wrong, sue me.
If you think that this tin covering, or whatever compound it is doesn't tarnish, then you're blind or need glasses.
Go to my facebook page to see tarnish in all its glory.
I'll try and find a leg off the fake and file that too, see what I find.

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Tin helps significantly with oxidize prevention but they will oxidize if not stored properly.
The leads on the Mustards in my originlal amps all have oxidized.

Like Ive said many times now it depends on how the caps were stored :?

Dumb- if your leads arnt copper youve bought fakes!

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Nicholas, if you haven't pulled one of yours apart, then don't bother posting, you just look like you're concealing.
Did you sing your fake caps a lullaby last night?
Tuck them into beddy?

I just filed the leg off one of the fakes, it does have copper underneath, I think.
I'm not at all surprised though, they're good visual fakes.
They should have found some nice soft plastic , tarnished the leads , used thinner coating material and they would have got away with it for longer.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:00 pm

If and when you do pull one of yours ( real one, not fake) apart Nicholas, you'll note just how soft the plastic/mylar sheet is.
I doubt a plastic film exists that cloners could use that replicates this ripping quality.
I mean, it's literally like ripping wet paper.
Good news of course for people that don't want to get ripped off, bad news for the mustapha bros inc in Turkey that make these turds.
I see elsewhere in this forum that you've made around twenty of these amps for people Nicholas..Have you contacted them to tell them you've ripped them off?
Have you/ will you provide a refund to them?

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:25 pm

I have pulled them apart like I've said. Nice reading comprehension.

Why are you so worried about this anyways?
They don't have some sort of Magic tone and if they do I guaranty your amps dont have the rest of the Magic parts that are just important (Micas, Resitors wire, Pots ect.)

Have you brought this to the feds attention yet like you said you were going to do? This is a international 10k$ industry scam! The madness. Interested in what they tell you. :popcorn:

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 pm

"I have pulled them apart like I've said. Nice reading comprehension.
Why are you so worried about this anyways?
They don't have some sort of Magic tone and if they do I guaranty your amps dont have the rest of the Magic parts that are just important (Micas, Resitors wire, Pots ect.)
Have you brought this to the feds attention yet like you said you were going to do? This is a international 10k$ industry scam! The madness. Interested in what they tell you"

- Sorry, theres something wrong with my computer, it's not showing me the bit where you say you've played choppy with one of these caps.

They dont have magic, Nicholas. They simply do not 'push' some frequencies, and yet accentuate others.They're just filters...'good' ones.
I dispute the value of these carbon film too ( the stock marshall aren't carbon comp are they?), carbon comp in the right places always make for a better guitar amp.
I have seen some data in relation to stock values of pots...And believe that if this data is true, and the stock pots are 10 percent higher in value..then I could believe this would add to the tone of an amp in a positive way.
Output transformer, Current carrying capability/inability of the power transformer, Output tubes/ Preamp tubes all add to the 'magic'.

In relation to USA law, if it's the same as Australian law, then you're wise in being interested.
If you sell fake shit to people, then you're ripping them off and could end up in Court.
In your case Nicholas, i hope you do.
My humble understanding of USA consumer protection law is that it's more protective to the consumer than here, you may end up in prison and I think that's approriate in your case. the FBI is, I understand, interested in organised crime, which this is. You have one party manufacturing goods, probably in a foreign country, then another party advertising/ misrepresenting those goods then selling those goods using a domestic carriage service.
I've told ebay in writing so they're party to the rip-off by continuing to allow their site to sell these goods.
If law enforcement get involved, or if someone gets sued, then I promise you, all these fake signal caps will disappear from ebay, astrons, mustards and any cap the seller can't prove is real.
We are just at the beginning Nicholas, be patient.

Why do I care?

Because I'm not like you, Nicholas.
Where I come from, ripping people off is a no-no.

pls do re-paste, quote the bit where you state that you've ripped one of these apart.