fake mustards

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

crumb

Re: fake mustards

Post by crumb » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 pm

And when those sell, more appear..and more etc.
Look at the prices of these snydes...
Someone needs to go to prison.

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Amp guys everywhere are being ripped off, and have been for probably twenty years.
It seems the way these vermin are operating is sort of like a community of thieves and liars loosely protecting each-other thus ensuring continuing trade.
If anyone ever doubts the product, sellers like Nicholas come up with well used lines and sooth the market, whether it be this forum or elsewhere.

When I blew the whistle in this forum, Nicholas appears and starts with his damage control bullshit.
Early on in this thread, maybe third post he starts-

" Then how many folks are building old vintage amps and actually care about Mustards? Probably not many. So say 100 bags of 100 caps of .022 probably wouldn't be uncommon hanging around all these years either.
Still these would be easy to fake. But I will say don't worry about it. "

After this initial attempt at justifying fraud, Nicholas goes on, and on..and on.
The more evidence that appears, the more frantic Nicholas gets.
Later on on the thread we see Nicholas desperately trying to get the name of the seller of those fake caps so that he could contact him and tell him that an autopsy was about to be performed and that he should refund immediately to try and prevent that from happening.
He tries to sound casual about it, but when you view the thread, it's obvious what he's doing.

When you look at the prices these things are getting..up to 30 bucks USD for the fake mustards and 50 USD for the astrons, you can see this isn't some small scam here..you guys are getting robbed..fleeced..and Metroamp has it's it's own resident fix-it guy, Nicholas, on hand seemingly 24 hours a day ready to sooth things over when people start asking questions.

What role have you got, Nicholas? Did you help to start the scam? Are you the organiser of the fraud..is it your baby?
Makes sense to have a guy hang around the forums watching for dissent. Nicholas also hangs out at marshallforum as he admitted yesterday.
Are you on the payroll Nicholas?

FourT6and2
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by FourT6and2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:01 pm

How about these?

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 pm

The crack on the right side is a dead giveaway that these are real.
Time is taking it's toll on these caps, and that crack is normal, desirable, given the current climate of these gazilions of fakes floating around.

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm

ah, this is why those german ones for sale on ebay had sticky stuff on the ends.
These are nice caps mate.

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 pm

The photo I posted earlier is of the same caps from the German seller.

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:19 pm

And what about the leads on these here? They are very shiny. And perfect. I though 50-year-old caps can't possibly have shiny leads?

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Nope, the seller dropped a book on the cap so the end cap would crack that way Taz from Aussie would think they were real. Its the only way we can tell the turds from the golden nuggets. The seller has been following this thread and had to make the caps more authentic. You keep forgetting real Mustard caps dried up 20 + years ago because the Plexi cloners were at the peak because the news paper company's always had articles on how to get good tone. The 3k price tags of originals were to much money so we bought all the magical Mustard caps in the 90s :(

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Nicholas, give up son, your'e done, and your'e making a fool of yourself.
I hope you get locked up, or sued.

Those leads were actually tarnished, the close up has pitting which shows they've been cleaned up.
Look at the leads on the ones still on those sticky strips, some of those are considerably tarnished.
if you take a look at his ebay ad, he polished the leads somehow...but the pitting remains.
Nicholas was telling us how to brighten up leads, I think he said he uses isopropyl alcohol.
We've gone past the point of people still questioning whether the market is flooded is fakes.
If you still question that, then give up..go and buy yourself some lovely fakes and get it out of your head, build yourself a lovely clone with ' real ' caps..join the other 10,000 that have done so in the last 20 years.
The reason these people have been ripping guitar players off for so long is that guitar players seem to ..uh..have a problem with logic.
But that's what makes em such good guitar players right?

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:21 pm

I think the real problem anyone would have believing that the market is actually flooded with fakes, is that they only have my data to trust.
If you don't want to trust my data, and you're too lazy, or so tight you cant spare the 15-20 bucks you'd need to buy the cheapest of these fakes to rip apart and even after all the instruction you've been given...then I honestly cant help you any further than I have done so already.
I think also, if you either don't trust my data, and couldn't be bothered conducting the same teardowns yourself, then you don't you really care...and that's where Nicholas can help you. Contact him, and he'll sell you all the ' real' caps you need.

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:04 am

In one post you say the caps are real. In another post you say they are fake. Same seller. Maybe I'm having difficulty deciphering your ramblings. The 0.1uF I posted that are on tape real are from TAD. Trusted retailer.

crumb

Post by crumb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 am

You sad little troll, be more precise, refer to my actual post, paraphrase...quote.
I've recognised these caps as genuine both here in this forum, and on my facebook page ' tassos karas'.
My facebook page has these pictured and referred to as real.
Curious..an anonymous person helps a whole group of people, for no return...to receive your kind of negative, aggressive response.
From Nicholas, it's easy to understand why he's so upset, but what's your little problem...are you upset because you've been ripped off perhaps?
If so, aim your negativity at people like Nicholas, I'm just the messenger.
Now, pls do refer to the post where I claim these caps are fake,

thanks.

crumb

Post by crumb » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:32 am

This isn't the schoolyard, no amount of wishing or name calling will change the facts.
The forum equivalent of baiting or raising your voice over the top of another person isn't going to help a person here.
This isn't one of those forum posts where debate or perceived logic is going to change the facts.
After the fake cap was pulled apart and photographed, there was simply no room for debate, only further analysis.
I could vanish tonight...wipe the thread clean of my posts.
George could do the same.
And the net effect of those things being done would be zero.
I'm delighted to say that science, that analysis wins out over petty aggression, envy or just plain rage.
You can be as upset as you like, but that won't change the facts.
Let's imagine this thread disappears..how long would the topic take to re-appear in some form..you think people are just gonna kind of forget?
The cat's out of the bag, and the bitterness you ( and Nicholas ) seem to feel accounts for absolutely nothing in relation to the development of the topic, which I consider to be serious as it affects so many people.
Go ahead, knock yourself out, have a cry if you insist on being negative, that's fine.
And if you have any data to add, pls do feel free to do so...but wishing this thread was never created or hoping people like me are just going to disappear isn't going to get you anywhere, it's too late son, it's just too late.
The days of these parasites ripping people off wholesale are OVER.

crumb

Post by crumb » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Hey Nicholas,

No comment on these new fake caps being made with different mylar/ plastic film?
Poor Nicholas is trapped with this minor point, as he's already admitted he has 400 of the snydes..can't exactly say he can't afford to buy a new fake cap to pull apart and check for himself..can he?
l M F A O.
I can see why you sit there anxiously waiting for new posts..this guy needs to hose down the data because at my calculations..he's down 10k..at least.

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:34 pm

I never said anything that wasn't my opinion in this thread. They could be fake Taz but truthfully I dont think you are qualified or have the experience to have made this conclusion especially at the age you are.

They look they same and they are indistinguishable under autopsy is all you said.
The rusted out uncared for ones fell apart while the clean ones were solid when dissected is all I took from your month of utter garbage.

I keep responding because you will keep replying like a lunitic because it is amusing. :mrgreen: .