Restoration metal panels for JMP Marshalls

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Matthews Guitars
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Restoration metal panels for JMP Marshalls

Post by Matthews Guitars » Sun May 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Greetings. First time poster here.

I'd like to let all of you know that I provide restoration quality metalface panels for Marshall JMP metalface era amplifiers, covering virtually every 50, 100, and 200 watt Major model and the multiple variants of each.

I cover this in greater detail at my website, www.matthewsguitars.com

My panels are made of brush finished gold anodized aluminum, similar to the originals, but in a thicker material. (.040 thickness). Since it's thicker, it's stiffer, and less likely to get distorted or bent and it is usually sufficient to attach them to the chassis using only the existing hardware, no double sided adhesive is generally necessary.

I cover early, transitional, and late variants of the 1959, 1987, 1986, 2203, 2204, US, British, and Canadian models, four speaker jacks or two, with impedance selector only or also with voltage selector, front panels with or without polarity switches, specific models for Super Lead, Super Bass, Super Tremolo, Master Volume 100 Watt, Master Volume 50 watt, Mark II marked back panel 50 watt, pretty much every variant that I know of and have data for.

I also offer a specialized Marshall chassis restoration service. I do restorations on chassis that have extra holes in them that you need to have filled and make them disappear. I take those chassis and have the smaller holes welded up, and larger holes filled with new punched blanks that fit, then welded up, then it's ground flush and smooth and then the chassis is regalvanized and rechromated in yellow zinc chromate.