Restoration metal panels for JMP Marshalls

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Matthews Guitars
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Restoration metal panels for JMP Marshalls

Post by Matthews Guitars » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Greetings, everyone.

Before I get into this, I want to check and see if it's OK for me to do this.

I offer high quality restoration front and rear panels for ALL JMP era metalface Marshalls.
They're made in USA and are made of gold brush finished anodized aluminum and are highly accurate to original Marshall panels.

I'd like to be able to offer them to members of this forum, but I suspect that I'll need permission from the site staff to do that.

I"m doing this not because I expect to get rich doing it, but because I see a need for it and it's the kind of parts that I can make easily. And it supports my own hobby of buying the most wretched, wrecked, hacked, butchered, abused, and worn out Marshalls that I can find, and put lots of time and labor and parts into in order to restore them to be very much as they were on the day they left the Marshall factory. I'll go to such lengths as to patch in, weld over, flush grind, and eliminate extra holes that have been added to an amp over the decades. After regalvanizing and rechromating, the rebuilt chassis looks almost new. The internals are restored to factory original specifications as much as is possible, using NOS and original spec parts where required and if available. Add new panels, jacks, switches, and knobs as required, and I've very much turned back the hands of time on these classics.

I'm currently cataloging over 40 variants on different JMP Marshalls in many versions. And there are types that I have yet to develop the artwork and panels for. It's starting to look like Marshall never made more than 100 amps without changing SOMETHING, and I'm getting very familiar with these cosmetic changes. If it involves changes to the front or rear panels, I am becoming something of a historian and subject matter expert, simply by exposure and necessity.

At this time I'm offering ONLY JMP era, METAL panels. No other brand, no other Marshall era (No JTM, no JCM, no DSL, no TSL) , and metalface only. But I'll work with custom builders of new amps as well.

I'm always on the lookout for much abused Marshalls to buy for restoration candidates.

For custom amp builders who are looking for a vendor to make custom front and rear faceplates, you may wish to get in touch with me. I welcome the opportunity to work with small scale builders and provide the panels you want for your amps.

Matthews Guitars