New (California built) Scumback reviews via client emails

New products and gear for sale from businesses that support the forum.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser
Just the numbers in order: 13492

New (California built) Scumback reviews via client emails

Post by Scumback Speakers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 am

It's been six months since I split the blanket with my former speaker manufacturer. My new production crew and I have been working 6-7 days per week to get back orders caught up, demo speakers built & installed, and get the whole process streamlined.

I'm happy to report that I'm now down to a 1 week or less lead time on most speakers, in spite of a 30% increase in sales volume over last year at this time.

While I have a moment to do this, many have asked for updates on how the new California built (black satin frame) Scumbacks compare to the old blue frame models. I think the best thing I can do is to just post the emails I've received about the differences, rather than paraphrase them.

Jim-
I just loaded my speakers... They were worth the wait!

Jim,

Just finished playing my strat with my 50watt and 100watt early 70s Marshalls through one of the speakers - AWESOME!!!!! Better than expected!
They just make these amps sound more.....right! I'm sure you know what I mean.

Gorgeous tone and no harshness to make my ears hurt. Cant wait to get them in the recording rig.Thanks for the awesome service and product!!
Joe

Jim, tried speakers ... they are ridiculous. Thanks again.

Hi Jim,

The M75 65w speaker arrived today. WOW! Exactly what I was looking for.

I didn’t expect the full frequency response.I am mightily impressed.

Jim

Jim,

This M75 sounds great!!! Thanks so much.

Thanks again, man! Great Speaker!

Robbie

Hi,
I picked up the speakers , and put them in , all is perfect
thanks for a nice trade,

best regards

Kim

Hi Jim,

The speakers sounds absolutely fantastic! I'm super happy. Thanks for your help.

/ Erik

Hi there,

Received speakers yesterday. In a word… “SUPERB!”

They truly bring out the old classic sounds from my YJM 100.

Many thanks,
Peter

Hi Jim,
Got my j75 100w today for my Shiva combo and all I can say is WOW! Hands down the best speaker ever for that amp. I should know I've tried them all. Not nearly as dark as the m75 was but not at all harsh like a v30 or g12h. Thanks again! Keep the shiny side up!
Bob

Hey Jim -

Speakers (BM75-16-65w) got here today, got them in the cab and had a chance to play a bit. 100% improvement over what was in there. The def have a bit more edge to them than a traditional g-back style tone - but this will work better for me. Clean tones are fantastic. Wouldn't hesitate to have a recone done again.

Overall I couldn't be happier with both the product and your customer service. I'm basically retired from posting on music forums due to the overwhelming douchebaggery present but will not hesitate to contact people via private message or email to let them know about my experieince with you. Feel free to use my comments as needed.

Happy Holidays!
Steve E

Hello Sir,
I bow down to you Master.
The speakers you have sent me surpass your older stock.....the hairs on my arms (and other places that we need not mention) are still raised after striking the first two chords!!!

Well done my good man!!!

As soon as i can swindle some more cash past my good wife...he,he....there will be be two more on order.

Take Care
Peter

Jim, got the speakers and tried the m75 next to a Weber m75 and I swear I can hear a few subtle differences. Hope you don't mind me commenting but I noticed the new speaker was a tad bit punchier, was smoother and tighter. Not saying the old one was bad at all it just seemed to have a looser feel and seemed to have a bit more texture(grunge). In the end I think you made the right decision ditching Weber. Sorry hope you didn't mind me giving my opinion. Thanks for the amazing speakers!

Seth
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632