Scumback Speakers NAMM Special 1/13-1/23/12

New products and gear for sale from businesses that support the forum.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Scumback Speakers NAMM Special 1/13-1/23/12

Post by Scumback Speakers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 pm

For NAMM I'm offering free FBI (normally $15 per speaker) on all speaker orders placed today 1/13/11 through Monday 1/23/12.

Just make your regular payment on the site w/o FBI and put "NAMM Special Free FBI" in the notes section of your payment.

The free FBI offer does not apply to the low power PVC speakers, only the regular Scumbacks and Scumnicos, sorry.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: sales@scumbackspeakers.com
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

Reeltarded
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Scumback Speakers NAMM Special 1/13-1/23/12

Post by Reeltarded » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 pm

But... Jim.. You don't have a factory in China.

:P

Hah
not kicking the dead horse

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:35 pm

LOL, I had that option you know. All I had to do was cough up all of the cone treatments, specs, doping patterns, original tone target pre rola speakers, plus educate their workers on what/how to build them and this factory in China would be happy to build my speakers for me...on an exclusive basis, proprietary agreement, no competition, the whole nine yards. They said they could be trusted, never backed out on their word, always maintained complete ethical business practices, loyalty and confidentiality... and would even put it in writing to secure my business.

It sounded a little too familiar so I turned it down and decided to build the speakers here.

I guess that was a bad idea, though.

Since I made that decision sales have increased 30-50%, and order times are now less than a week (many times it's the same day for Pete's sake). Some goofy dealers around the globe started ordering speakers due to my taking over and the improvements in tone over my "B stock" speakers previously offered. One of them ordered 80 speakers yesterday, totally screwing up my production goof off time for the next two days, not to mention the FBI service they have done to all 80 before they ship.

But that 80 speaker order will be done on Wednesday morning and ready to ship out later that afternoon so the dealer is happy.

But it's a bad deal for me. You know why? I don't have any paypal refunds to process. I don't have excuses to make. I don't have to email the "B stock" supplier to plead that they get my orders built that I placed 6-9 weeks before.

It's leaving me with way too much time to work. LOL
310-833-6632

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:25 am

Scumback Speakers wrote: Since I made that decision sales have increased 30-50%, and order times are now less than a week (many times it's the same day for Pete's sake). Some goofy dealers around the globe started ordering speakers due to my taking over and the improvements in tone over my "B stock" speakers previously offered.
Damn, don't you just hate it when that happens. :wink:

Seriously though, really happy that this is REALLY working out for you Jim. It's great news for us all, and with a bit of luck, once you've gotten really popular it may even lower vintage prices a little (although I seriously doubt that). Now if I wasn't just completely broke out of my mind (and with job situation look really hairy at the moment too) I'd be giving you even more work to do. :(

Still, I'm sure dealing with the Chinese would've worked out perfectly, and that the secret recipe of your special sauce would've been protected vehemently. :roll: :scratch: :whistle:
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Steely Sam

Post by Steely Sam » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Thank you Jim for keeping production here in the United States. I don't need any speakers at the moment, but next time I do I will definitely be buying from you.

Not only did you keep jobs here, but you protected yourself in the process. The Chinese have no concept of intellectual property, and sooner or later they would have been selling your speaker designs while cutting all ties wth you.

Glad to hear your business is doing well.
Last edited by Steely Sam on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Steely Sam wrote:Thank you Jim for keeping production here in the United States. I don't need any speakers at the moment, but next time I do I will definitely be buying from you.

Not only did you keep jobs here, but you protected yourself in the process. The Chinese have no concept of intellectual property, and sooner or later they would have been selling your speaker designs while cutting all ties you you.

Glad to hear your business is doing well.
Appreciate your post, thanks. That concept of protected/proprietary intellectual property, design/etc is lost on some American based companies as well.
310-833-6632

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Long live the American Scumback!

I read in the biz section not long ago that just 10% of the American workforce is manufacturing, 90% service. That is FUKIN DISGUSTING! :x
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

YMI5150?

Post by YMI5150? » Tue May 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Cheers Jim. That's a fantastic success story. Keep it up! I'll get my order in someday soon as well.

:rock:

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Tue May 01, 2012 10:23 pm

YMI5150? wrote:Cheers Jim. That's a fantastic success story. Keep it up! I'll get my order in someday soon as well.

:rock:
Thanks very much. I sent you an email via your site, by the way.
310-833-6632

Star*Guitar

Post by Star*Guitar » Wed May 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Got to appreciate you built your business up from nothing after intially put it all on a charge card Jim. I am happy to see you are doing well. Kudo's. :rock:
Star*Guitar

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Star*Guitar wrote:Got to appreciate you built your business up from nothing after intially put it all on a charge card Jim. I am happy to see you are doing well. Kudo's. :rock:
I had lots of help charging up those credit cards, sir! But I thank you for the kind words. I started today at 4:58 am, and I'm just finishing up now at 5:20 pm. But that's the fun of running your own business! Time for a cocktail. I think I've earned it. :what:

:lol: :lol:
310-833-6632