Step 10.zip
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Please check 12xxx build diagrams

Post by JimiJames » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 pm

GJ 8)
How's it sound?
I see you started on the 16Ω tap, there. Also try a 16+16μF or a TAD 15+15μF for the board when you are up & running.
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Night Owl
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Please check 12xxx build diagrams

Post by Night Owl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:59 am

Thanks - It came out OK :D

That build was several years ago, so I don't remember everything I tried or even exactly what I ended up with. I have an unfinished version of my build guide that was detailing all the mods I tried. Not sure if I'll get back to that or not. I still have that amp, and always will. I finally quit fiddling with it. I think pretty close to stock 12xxx specs ends up being pretty good - George had it about right from the git-go, naturally. The mods and tweaks I tried were interesting and fun, and I still have a few mods in there, like switchable negative feedback circuit, switchable bright caps, tone stack bypass, maybe some v1 tweaks. But one of these days I'll probably remove some more of that and go back closer to a stock build. I built a decent line-out box, so I might even take out the LAR/MAR MV. But I'll probably leave the tone stack bypass, bright cap switch, and FX loop in there.

You know how things go. You chase something hard until you get distracted by something else. After this build/quest started winding down, I began chasing Gilmour tones. That somehow got me pretty deep into the pedal world, where I've been goofing around for quite a while. But I still need to build that Metro-spec JTM45... And bring my other plexi up to Metro specs ... And ...

It's all good!