all the bells and whistles

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: all the bells and whistles

Post by Strat78 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:59 pm

That was a beautiful build for sure and predictably had the magic big time. Is the owner breaking it in nicely? Can't wait to see this next wave of builds. :D

BSE25
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by BSE25 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 pm

It is an awesome amp! I have held off posting clips until I get the full setup configured. Words can't explain how wonderful it sounds even though it's through a v-30/gt-75 amp. I have a greenback cab and a blackback cab that needs to be set up for the rig.

Most folks like the VH1 tone...I personally don't and Kevin did a great job dialing in the tone that I was looking for. Kevin did one hell of a job!

BSE

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Sat May 19, 2012 8:46 am

YMI5150? wrote:I was thinking the similar. we'll see how it goes. The 790 is on my board. I'd have to get another one. I need to hunt down 2 slotted switch nuts if anyone has a set I get nab from them.

What's the required voltage rating for the v2a electrolytic?

Here you go Phil. Dont drool on the keyboard :)

The choke is MM (toneclone) 3.8H.
BE V1 board.JPG
I am convinced that this set up is key for that great tone. The chicklet on V1B and the Mylar dipped on V2a. My amp became a completely different animal when I put those in.

Are those 1w 68k input resistors?
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

Strat78

Post by Strat78 » Sat May 19, 2012 9:34 pm

BSE25 wrote:It is an awesome amp! I have held off posting clips until I get the full setup configured. Words can't explain how wonderful it sounds even though it's through a v-30/gt-75 amp. I have a greenback cab and a blackback cab that needs to be set up for the rig.

Most folks like the VH1 tone...I personally don't and Kevin did a great job dialing in the tone that I was looking for. Kevin did one hell of a job!

BSE
Good to have you here Brian. What exactly needs to be done with your two cabs, let us know and I'm sure we could easily walk you through the proper setup.