Plexi lead layout?

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

RiffRaff
Just the numbers in order: 7

Plexi lead layout?

Post by RiffRaff » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm having trouble finding a complete wiring layout for this board
50 watt JTM45 values.pdf
(188.62 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
I have a wiring layout for this but it doesn't show everything
Any no where to find this? I don't even see this layout on this website anywhere

gldtp99

Re: Plexi lead layout?

Post by gldtp99 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:32 pm

RiffRaff

Post by RiffRaff » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I looked there already and I looked again but still don't see this layout there
thanks
Tim

Edit: Forgot to mention it's the 50w lead wiring layout that I need

RiffRaff

Post by RiffRaff » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:45 pm

this one is really close but not exact. would there be any difference in the wiring?
http://metroamp.com/wiki/images/b/b1/69 ... T_LEAD.jpg

toner

Post by toner » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 pm

What exactly are you concerned about? The layouts and links posted have enough information to build a 1987 if that's the goal.

gldtp99

Post by gldtp99 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 pm

RiffRaff wrote:I looked there already and I looked again but still don't see this layout there
thanks
Tim

Edit: Forgot to mention it's the 50w lead wiring layout that I need

This is the 50 watt Lead (model 1987) layout------ if this isn't detailed enough, what are you looking for ?

Here: http://home.comcast.net/~jbjdav26/1987r17.jpg

RiffRaff

Post by RiffRaff » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 pm

I've drilled and loaded up the turret boards as per the 50 watt lead diagram
but can't find a wiring diagram or even a pic of this layout
Being a newbie It would be cool to have a layout of the wiring
I'll see if I can figure it out
thanks for any input

gldtp99

Post by gldtp99 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 am

The layout that i linked to shows the wiring for a 50 watt Lead circuit (model 1987)--- I don't understand why this isn't what you're looking for---and i don't think anybody else will know what you're asking for, either--- :what: ------ this is the correct, detailed wiring layout for the model 1987 50 watt Lead Marshall circuit------all the amp wiring, as well as the board components, are clearly shown..........................gldtp99

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:52 am

The main difference between the diagram you posted and the SDM layout is the preamp filter cap that sits on the circuit board in early amps (and Steve's layout) and sits up top on the chassis (Marshall's post 1969).

Steve's also uses the Metro method of a diode block but the diagram yuou link to has diodes on the board.

You will need to think about this if you are new to this.

If you look at the 100w layout on Steve's site that shows you how to wire teh preamp can. The diodes are simple as you run the two red wires from your PT direct to a DPST standby switch (take the white bias feed off one of those lugs) and then from the other ('cold') lugs of the switch a pair of blue wires to the diodes you see in George's old diagram. The wire at the apex of the diodes is usually red wire and goes to the tip of the HT fuse holder and a wire to the mains filter cans. The choke and OT primary centre tap are fed off the side limb of the fuse holder.

Hope that helps explain the confusing bits but you need to study the schematics too :wink:
Neil

RiffRaff

Post by RiffRaff » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:24 am

neikeel wrote:The main difference between the diagram you posted and the SDM layout is the preamp filter cap that sits on the circuit board in early amps (and Steve's layout) and sits up top on the chassis (Marshall's post 1969).

Steve's also uses the Metro method of a diode block but the diagram yuou link to has diodes on the board.

You will need to think about this if you are new to this.

If you look at the 100w layout on Steve's site that shows you how to wire teh preamp can. The diodes are simple as you run the two red wires from your PT direct to a DPST standby switch (take the white bias feed off one of those lugs) and then from the other ('cold') lugs of the switch a pair of blue wires to the diodes you see in George's old diagram. The wire at the apex of the diodes is usually red wire and goes to the tip of the HT fuse holder and a wire to the mains filter cans. The choke and OT primary centre tap are fed off the side limb of the fuse holder.

Hope that helps explain the confusing bits but you need to study the schematics too :wink:
Awesome. thanks for the info this is what I wanted to know
I really need to learn to read schematics
cheers and hope you don't mind me asking stupid questions later on as I progress
Thanks everyone

Tim