Please help me I'm begging you! Please

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

RR1417
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Please help me I'm begging you! Please

Post by RR1417 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:25 pm

I am about to take my power drill and lobotomize myself, First off hello it's been awhile since I've been here I wanna clear a few things that I've had problems with in the past before I get into it and please stay with me, I'm 22, I've worked for my grandfather digging tunnels for plumbing since I was 16 all the gear I have I bought and worked my ass off for, I am not spoiled, I was raised by my single mother and I never had much my dad wasn't around. I pay my rent bills and taxes like everyone else. With all do respect, thank you. Okay now I found a 1988 guitar world magazine when I was 17 that had the bob bradshaw rig setup, so I have gone off that schematic, which I dont get.

My gear:
1973 handwired Marshall super lead 100W modded by David Bray (yes it's vintage and he urged me not to but I did it, don't wanna hear about it later(baby I dont wanna)) :dlr: with all do respect.
H&H V800 power amp
1960B marshall cab reissue with G1275's I think? The big magnet ones I forget
my other cab is a cheap kustom cabinet (currently saving for a nicer one) two V30's from the early 90's and some Randall speakers (currently shopping for two new speakers)
(I need advice on how to wire them up)
a homemade guitar Korina body single humbucker in it is the EVH frankenstein pickup with a maple neck, titanium floyd rose #257 copper 47mm block EVH pot and a kill switch strung with 9's( my main guitar )
power conditioner
Rane SM 26 rack mixer
2 Roland SDE 3000 rack delays
eventide space reverb
eventide pitchfactor harmonizer
Volume (x) volume/expression pedal
EVH wah
MXR 10 band EQ
Xotic EP booster
ABY box
MXR 10th anniversary script black box phase 90 (1983)
MXR flanger (1977)
1980's silver label stereo Boss chorus
Suhr Line out box
Variac
MXR Smartgate noise gate
and possibly a CAE buffer if I need it once this is all setup
and some speaker and instrument cables
I can't decide if I want a wet/dry, stereo, wet/dry/wet, I cant carry anymore than two cabs, all this gear is already so heavy to take down two stories at my apartment that I can't add anymore pounds (one thing I never thought of was weight)
I dont know how to wire any of this up starting from my effects chain to my line out to my rack stuff to the power amp to my amp, how the speakers should be wired, I am seriously about to pull my hair out I've read countless threads here and it's all a different language, capacitors resistors numbers I dont get it I just wanna play and my band is frustrated with me because half the time I'm taking crap apart to re arrange it and I'm about to jump out my window seriously (not really) and i've got some expensive gear I worked my ass off for that's been sitting 2+ years like my V800, I've just been using the ABY box for two cabs but it's not what I want, I don't know what I want, wet/dry or stereo, my input jack on my guitar is a stereo one so I have that option I think I don't know I don't even know what I'm talking about, please someone help me, I will provide pics if needed, please and thank you.

stef
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Please help me I'm begging you! Please

Post by stef » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 am

:stars:

My advice would be:
guitar :arrow: wah :arrow: flanger :arrow: phase90 :arrow: xotic (or EQ) :arrow: Marshall/Bray :arrow: cabinet
Sell everything else and buy a good 4x12 cabinet and a nice vintage delay pedal (AD9, BM3).

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:35 am

Nothing to add except...

It's DUE respect, dear fellow. ;)
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Davidg
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Davidg » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Seriously, take this advice and save yourself a few years worth of more frustration.I am listening to a 1977 bootleg of EVH live right now and he had no stero,wet/dry rig and it sounds just like the first album.Instead of worrying about gear practice more, not saying u suck I have no idea how u play, but we can always improve and players that I can copy well I can do with any basic rig.One of the best peices of advice I ever found when I too was trying to copy the brown sound in my youth was from an interview with EVH where he was talking about his father and how he would sit for hours holding one note and how perfect his vibrato and tone were {and this is on a clarinet, not guitar} and how he would do the same when he started playing because this was a revelation for him that tone is in the fingers.A big part of the EVH sound is his mastery of tone and pitch and this is how he mastered the art and his father before him on clarinet.I never nearly mastered it but have had several players much better than I compliment me on my vibrato and tone and it greatly helped my confidence as a young player when guys older and better would stare intently at my fingers trying to figure out my "trick".Point is it is in his hands not his gear and must come from your hands as well to come through your gear.Good Luck! :evh: